Cooking At Night

sixxup

Veteran
Local time
9:11 AM
Do you wake up to cook at night, let's say at 01 am. I do wake and cook whenever I feel hungry, even in the middle of the night.

I did when I was pregnant! If I was hungry and wanted something specific, then yes - absolutely I'd cook.

These days though, not so much! I try to sleep when it's dark outside and tell myself to wait until the morning!

My husband who has acid reflux would sometimes wake up at midnight to search for something to eat. When he feels like eating, he should eat something otherwise he gets a headache the next morning. And since cooking is not appropriate at that unholy hours, he learned how to eat prunes to deaden his hunger. Prunes is quite heavy in the stomach and pitted prunes is sweet and easy to eat.

Either it'll be a bowl of cold cereal, instant noodles, a sammie or some food left over that can be quickly warmed up in the microwave.
I will NOT cook an entire meal at that ungodly hour!! :headshake::stop:

Last edited:
I have never gotten up to cook at night. In fact, I do not like the idea of eating in the middle of the night and have never done so. However, if I did feel hungry enough and had to get something to eat at those odd hours, it would have to be something that is instant, like some bread and butter or cheese, or some dry cereal like Cornflakes, Bran flakes, or Rice Crispies with milk. Fruit may be okay too. The idea of cooking in the middle of the night does not sound very appealing to me.

The only way that I would cook anything that time of night is for the next day, such as slow-cooking baby back ribs or other meat in the oven for a summer holiday.
To just get up out of bed at 1am and cook a entire meal is just unheard of to me!! Now, I've gotten up as early as 5am to cook for the present day, especially something that may take a while to cook. That is so that I can be done & out of the kitchen by at least noontime or by 1pm. :headshake::stop:

Either it'll be a bowl of cold cereal, instant noodles, a sammie or some food left over that can be quickly warmed up in the microwave.
I will NOT cook an entire meal at that ungodly hour!! :headshake::stop:
What's a "sammie"?

I fix myself some midnight snacks too. Most of the time I eat peanut butter and jelly with some milk. Other days when bread isn't available I cook some noodles and fried eggs. What I do so I don't wake up at midnight is to drink one beer before I sleep. My favorite brand is Budweiser.

I cooked food after 4 am to prepare tiffin for my husband.

Back
Top Bottom