Cooking website and increasing traffic?

meals cook

Local time
3:05 AM
Website
mealscook.com
Friends, I started a cooking website, and I'm just starting out, and I can't spend much.
How can I get your help to increase traffic and improve the site?

Friends, I started a cooking website, and I'm just starting out, and I can't spend much.
How can I get your help to increase traffic and improve the site?

Well, to be honest, if your primary interest in CookingBites is to promote your website, you aren't going to get much help from us -- definitely not from me. So, the best thing you can do is be an active member who posts regularly, and posts more than just links to the recipes and/or videos on your website. You have to give if you want to get. :okay:

CD

I had a cooking web site some years ago called Foodie Forums. I didn't do a thing. I put it out there and people came. It became so time consuming I turned it over to one of the members who abandoned it in fairly short order. My site was not a business. It was a free service supported by me. In those days I was pretty busy with business.

If you want a profitable business, I recommend a cooking school. I had one of those too back near the beginning of the millenium Every seat was occupied by paying customers every class. We had guest chefs from all over the country and even a few from Europe that were in the U.S. on visits. I had complaints that I should expand it to meet the demand. I didn't have the space to expand it and had a housewares store to manage along with my on-line knife business. It's nice to be semi retired. Now I come here to the best cooking site on the web for entertainment and inspiration for my personal cooking. More than nice to be semi retired.

Thank you dear friend
If you explain more, that would be great
What are the things I should do every day?

I can't really give you a list of things to do. Being part of something like a food forum is a way of thinking, not a to do list. Basically, just take an interest in the members here. Read posts, and if you can offer any good feedback and/or advice, offer it.

It is certainly okay to promote your website, recipes and videos on a forum. But, that should not be a forum member's primary objective.

CD

But, that should not be a forum member's primary objective.

To the OP, CD’s comment above sums it up nicely.

Browse the topics and yes, we have a lot of food-related posts, such as in the “What’d you eat” topic and the cooking challenges, but notice how much goes on in the not-necessarily-food-related topics: the general conversation topic, the daily plans topic, the photos topic, the humor one…on and on.

That’s because, for the regulars here (and I hope I’m safe in speaking for others), that we’re a community of cooking/food lovers, but we’re also a community of (online) friends.

Sure, we talking about what we’re eating, what ingredients we bought, and that’s the reason we gather and contribute, but we’re just as likely to discuss our health, our families, our pets…you name it.

Granted, as a food blogger, building that trust and friendship might seem to take a long time, but I think it’s worth it in the end…but it will take time (and effort), it can’t be rushed.

What’s the old saying? “If it were easy, everyone would do it!

Good luck! :)

I had a cooking web site some years ago called Foodie Forums. I didn't do a thing. I put it out there and people came. It became so time consuming I turned it over to one of the members who abandoned it in fairly short order. My site was not a business. It was a free service supported by me. In those days I was pretty busy with business.

If you want a profitable business, I recommend a cooking school. I had one of those too back near the beginning of the millenium Every seat was occupied by paying customers every class. We had guest chefs from all over the country and even a few from Europe that were in the U.S. on visits. I had complaints that I should expand it to meet the demand. I didn't have the space to expand it and had a housewares store to manage along with my on-line knife business. It's nice to be semi retired. Now I come here to the best cooking site on the web for entertainment and inspiration for my personal cooking. More than nice to be semi retired.
Thank you for sharing your experiences with me

To the OP, CD’s comment above sums it up nicely.

Browse the topics and yes, we have a lot of food-related posts, such as in the “What’d you eat” topic and the cooking challenges, but notice how much goes on in the not-necessarily-food-related topics: the general conversation topic, the daily plans topic, the photos topic, the humor one…on and on.

That’s because, for the regulars here (and I hope I’m safe in speaking for others), that we’re a community of cooking/food lovers, but we’re also a community of (online) friends.

Sure, we talking about what we’re eating, what ingredients we bought, and that’s the reason we gather and contribute, but we’re just as likely to discuss our health, our families, our pets…you name it.

Granted, as a food blogger, building that trust and friendship might seem to take a long time, but I think it’s worth it in the end…but it will take time (and effort), it can’t be rushed.

What’s the old saying? “If it were easy, everyone would do it!

Good luck! :)
It was a great text, especially at the end; I was really inspired
I answer questions and cooperate as much as I can, and I know, I hope I will succeed one day

Members get free advertising from many avenues just by participating in our community and often without even realising it.

The more you participate on our site, the more free advertising you'll get from it. It is that straightforward. This includes but is not limited to
  • Your member/username gives you free advertising. The more comments, posts and threads in your name, the more hits search engines see of your online identity
  • Your logo/avatar gives you free advertising. Again, the more comments, posts and threads in your name, the more hits search engines see of your logo/avatar/gravatar)
  • Your signature can include a link back to your site. So every single post will have an additional link to your site (once established as a full member).
  • In your "About You" page, you can mention your blog there (once established as a full member).
  • You'll also be able to link to your site in website link in your profile.
  • Uploading recipes onto CB in accordance with our T&C's (ingredients & method are a minimum requirement) gives you a chance to link back to the recipe page on your site. The more content you add here, the more links back to your site you'll get.
  • Decent photos that match the ones on your site also give you free advertising. Search engines match photos nowadays.
  • If it is a video recipe, we don't host videos, so you get a free link back to your video in addition to the actual recipe & any photos you've added.
  • "Liking" (aka reactions) other members' posts also helps in getting your 'name' out onto the net.
  • Commenting on other members recipes again gets your username out onto the search engine results.
So the more content you add here, the more search engines see your member name, links, signature, profile page, contents, photographs, videos and avatar, the more free advertising you get from it by helping the CookingBites site be seen by search engines.

Right now you have 77 replies or posts and 98 reactions (like/loves/so on). All of those are advertising your site by links back to you and your member name. Many of these will have multiple ways of a search engine linking back to your site. Search engines also look at dates on things, so regular participation counts just more than adding 10 recipes and disappearing for a month.

Our only requirement is that you participate on this site as any other member would, and you'll get the free advertising you are after.

Members get free advertising from many avenues just by participating in our community and often without even realising it.

The more you participate on our site, the more free advertising you'll get from it. It is that straightforward. This includes but is not limited to
  • Your member/username gives you free advertising. The more comments, posts and threads in your name, the more hits search engines see of your online identity
  • Your logo/avatar gives you free advertising. Again, the more comments, posts and threads in your name, the more hits search engines see of your logo/avatar/gravatar)
  • Your signature can include a link back to your site. So every single post will have an additional link to your site (once established as a full member).
  • In your "About You" page, you can mention your blog there (once established as a full member).
  • You'll also be able to link to your site in website link in your profile.
  • Uploading recipes onto CB in accordance with our T&C's (ingredients & method are a minimum requirement) gives you a chance to link back to the recipe page on your site. The more content you add here, the more links back to your site you'll get.
  • Decent photos that match the ones on your site also give you free advertising. Search engines match photos nowadays.
  • If it is a video recipe, we don't host videos, so you get a free link back to your video in addition to the actual recipe & any photos you've added.
  • "Liking" (aka reactions) other members' posts also helps in getting your 'name' out onto the net.
  • Commenting on other members recipes again gets your username out onto the search engine results.
So the more content you add here, the more search engines see your member name, links, signature, profile page, contents, photographs, videos and avatar, the more free advertising you get from it by helping the CookingBites site be seen by search engines.

Right now you have 77 replies or posts and 98 reactions (like/loves/so on). All of those are advertising your site by links back to you and your member name. Many of these will have multiple ways of a search engine linking back to your site. Search engines also look at dates on things, so regular participation counts just more than adding 10 recipes and disappearing for a month.

Our only requirement is that you participate on this site as any other member would, and you'll get the free advertising you are after.
Thank you very much, I understand, the explanation was perfect and excellent, I will try my best to be the best, thank you, dear manager

Back
Top Bottom