Cookingbites Recipe Challenge: Grapes

Discussion in 'Competitions & Challenges, Questions & Quizzes' started by morning glory, Mar 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

Welcome to the CookingBites Recipe Challenge. Our judge @Wyshiepoo who won the previous challenge has chosen fresh Grapes as the next ingredient. This means unprocessed fresh grapes as the starting point - but don't have to stay whole, they can be pureed, diced or whatever.

grapes_625x350_61443376353.jpg

To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe featuring grapes as a new thread, tag it "CookingBites Recipe Challenge" and post a link to it in this thread. The challenge will provisionally run for three weeks, ending at 12:00 midday on the 16th April BST (GMT+1)

Challenge rules and a list of previous winners and ingredients can be found here.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  2. morning glory

I've now got a longish list of grape ideas. But before anything else I'd like to give an honorary mention to @medtran49's California Chicken Salad which I replicated not long ago - brilliant recipe! Sadly we can't enter recipes already posted but I'm thinking maybe @medtran49 could do a twist on it to make a new recipe. :)

fullsizeoutput_412f.jpeg

3. morning glory

Grapes with quail is a classic French dish - quail are not in season at the moment (or at least I can't get any) but it has me thinking about variations...

4. medtran49

medtran49 Über Member

Well, we have leftover pearl onions so I may do something with those and grapes, and we'll have 2 quail left after tonight's dinner. Actually, I just thought of an idea. :chef:

5. morning glory

:hyper:

That is quite a coincidence. Lucky you! :)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  6. TodayInTheKitchen

TodayInTheKitchen Active Member

Get ready for Pizza with grapes on it!!!!!

morning glory likes this.
  7. morning glory

I'm ready for that! I'm now so immersed in grape ideas that anything seems possible. Thanks for a great Recipe Challenge ingredient @Wyshiepoo.

8. morning glory

See here for a preview of my grape plans.

9. Karen W

Karen W Senior Member

Classic fish or chicken Veronique come to mind…

And my two coq au vin (with pearl onions) ideas I posted recently in another thread.

ETA: Reposted from another thread here from yesterday.

Grapes for thought...

If time permits...

Coq Au Riesling

https://simply-delicious-food.com/nigel-slaters-coq-au-riesling/

Coq Au Vin
    (Slow Cooker)

https://dinnerthendessert.com/slow-cooker-coq-au-vin/

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  10. rascal

rascal Senior Member

When we bought the house I'm in at present 30 years ago, the fence line was all covered in grapes, I just wish I'd never killed the vines. Man I could have been making wine all these years. Never gave it a thought 30 years ago.

Russ

11. morning glory

12. rascal

rascal Senior Member

morning glory likes this.
  13. TodayInTheKitchen

TodayInTheKitchen Active Member

14. The Late Night Gourmet

The Late Night Gourmet Über Member

I should have thought of asking this before, but... @Wyshiepoo : does this include raisins? They're dried grapes, after all.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2019
  15. morning glory

I suspect not but the judge's decision is final! I leave it to @Wyshiepoo to decide.