Crockpot Pot Roast Question

Matilda

Local time
5:24 PM
This is strange...Have been looking on-line for a recipe. I have found that half the recipes call for the meat on the bottom and the veggies on top. The other half calls for the veggies on the bottom and the meat on top. So for half the recipes, the meat will cook in a cooking liquid for 8 hrs., and in the other half of the recipes, the veggies will cook in the liquid for 8 hrs. Won't the veggies cook faster and turn to mush if I cook with them on the bottom?

Confused :unsure::unsure:

Personally, I would put the meat on the bottom or maybe mix it all together. But its not going to make a lot of difference, I think. Because the crockpot is sealed then the contents partially steam anyway. So wherever they are placed they will cook.

This is strange...Have been looking on-line for a recipe. I have found that half the recipes call for the meat on the bottom and the veggies on top. The other half calls for the veggies on the bottom and the meat on top. So for half the recipes, the meat will cook in a cooking liquid for 8 hrs., and in the other half of the recipes, the veggies will cook in the liquid for 8 hrs. Won't the veggies cook faster and turn to mush if I cook with them on the bottom?

Confused :unsure::unsure:

When I do a roast, I often start the roast first after searing it on all sides, I then add the liquid & let it go halfway first, like a couple of hours at least until almost tender, then I add things like the potatoes & carrots. The last thing that I do is the brown gravy. I cook the rice in a separate pot. :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom