Dad will welcome champ Srisaket with a taste of home

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
8:07 AM
srisaket.jpeg

The father of the 31-year-old Thai boxer Srisaket Sor Rungvisai, who successfully defended his super flyweight title in Los Angeles on Sunday, is preparing Isaan delicacies to welcome his son back home on Tuesday.

Jiamsak Wang-ek, said he will bring his son’s favourite meal – a grilled Bandicoot rat, 10 pigeons and spicy red ant eggs with sticky rice – when he and other relatives welcome Srisaket at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport at about 10am.

"Your the world champion, son, I am so proud of you I made you rat for dinner".

ขอแสดงความยินดีกับแชมป์

Congratulations to the champion. For westerners that meal might well qualify as new and unusual. You might want to link this thread in that thread.

Srisaket Sor Rungvisai receives a grilled paddy field rat, his favourite Isaan delicacy, from his father Jiamsak, on his return to Bangkok yesterday.

bbq rat.jpg

Respect culture. I had heard some time ago that rats were being considered a delicacy in Europe.

I must point out that the rats here in Isaan are not sewer rats (we don't have sewers as such). They are Bandicoot rats that live in paddy fields. Not that that would persuade me to eat one though.

Back
Top Bottom