Death Row Potato

LadyBelle

Veteran
Local time
5:59 AM
Last year I stayed with my friend who lives in France and she made me the most amazing meal, which consisted of death row potatoes. We met up for a drink on Friday as she's visiting family and I remembered to as her how to make the potato dish.

So - potatoes chopped into quarters, a packet of butter and a whole clove of garlic. Roast in the oven until cooked.

I guess the reason for the name is now apparent :roflmao:.

Anyway I've just put some in the oven for tonight's supper. Probably won't be as nice as my friends' but I'll give it a go.

Either works! I think I prefer unpeeled.
So do I but if it's the red potatoes I keep the skin almost always.. It is great for presentation. I am thinking of some names for my creations.. In keeping with the thread..Time Served Potatoes...Seg Potatoes...Felon Potatoes..Convicted Potatoes...Appeal Potatoes and the list goes on.

@morning glory & @winterybella

Good morning ladies (10.30am).

I agree about red or Violet Peruvian Potatoes .. Their skins are very subtle .. Also, we have 2 potatoes, one is Galician called a Cachuelo and the other is a Canary Island Potato, and I always use the skins .. I do not peel these ..

I love baked Jacks ( baked potatoes ) .. I stuff mine .. Usually with a Ratatouille ( Pisto Manchego ) ..

Thank you and have a lovely lovely day.

Back
Top Bottom