Recipe Deep Fried Stuffed Potatoes

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
10:58 PM
It is years since I made this recipe which was the creation of a chef in one of the main hotels in Delhi or Bombay (I cannot remember). Unfortunately I don't have my original large size picture only this thumbnail from the site where I initially posted the recipe.

stuffedpots.jpg

Ingredients
  • 2 Large Potatoes, scrubbed
Marinade
  • 1 tblsp Olive oil
  • 1 tsp Paprika
  • 1 tsp Chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp Ground cumin seeds
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
Filling
  • 225 gm Corned beef
  • 1 Small onion, finely chopped
  • 2 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • 2 Fresh green chilies, finely chopped
  • 1 tblsp Fresh coriander leaf, chopped
  • 1 tblsp Butter
  • 1 Small tomato, peeled and chopped
  • 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
  • Salt
  • Ground black pepper
  • 1 Egg, beaten
  • Vegetable oil for deep frying frying
  • Fresh red chilies, to garnish
  • ½ slice onion, to garnish
Method

Prick the potatoes all over with a fork and place in a bowl. Add the marinade ingredients and toss well. Line a roasting tin with foil and put in the potatoes with the marinade. Cover and leave aside for at least 1 hour.

Preheat the oven to 200 degC.

Baste the potatoes with the marinade then bake in the oven for 90 minutes occasionally turning and basting until the potatoes are cooked and the skin is crisp.

Half the potatoes lengthways and scoop out the inside without breaking the skin. Set the skins aside.

Mash the potatoes in a bowl together with the corned beef, small onion, garlic, chilies, coriander, butter, tomato and cumin seeds. Season with the salt and black pepper. Mix in the beaten egg, cover and leave in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill.

Divide up the chilled mashed potato into four and fill each of the potato skins. Deep fry the potatoes over a medium heat until brown, turning once. Drain well and serve garnished with the red chilies and sliced onion.

Back
Top Bottom