Diners, drive-ins and dives...

Used to like that show. Got tired of the hosts “Hey everybody look how cool I am” persona. In fact he is in a bunch of TV shows on The Food Network. I can’t watch any of them. I was in Biloxi Mississippi once and asked a local how to get to a place I had seen on the show. He told me you don’t want to go there. He suggested another place and I go there every single time I am in the area. I did eventually try the place that had been featured on the show. It was ok. And just ok.

Used to like that show. Got tired of the hosts “Hey everybody look how cool I am” persona. In fact he is in a bunch of TV shows on The Food Network. I can’t watch any of them. I was in Biloxi Mississippi once and asked a local how to get to a place I had seen on the show. He told me you don’t want to go there. He suggested another place and I go there every single time I am in the area. I did eventually try the place that had been featured on the show. It was ok. And just ok.
We have 3 places that are relatively close, well 2 now as 1 of the good ones closed during Covid. It's a locally owned chain of 3 restaurants. Of the 2 that are still open, 1 is just too far and the other is in a direction we very rarely go.

One makes a great breakfast, but is over a 30 minute drive to get there. If we're down that way we'll go, but there are places that are just as good and a lot closer.

The last 1 we visited just recently. I left a very mediocre review of the food and ended by saying if he had been served the food we were that their segment wouldn't have made it on the show.

Back
Top Bottom