Diners, Drive-ins and Dives

MoniqueS

Veteran
Local time
9:55 AM
Website
youngandpennywise.tumblr.com
Are any of you a fan of Diners, Drive-ins and Dives? This is the show where Guy Fieri travels around the states to feature signature dishes from popular little restaurants. Most of the dishes are super indulgent and over-the-top.

However, I was happy to see a tofu burger featured on the show from a little place in Hawaii called Sweet Home Waimanalo. The burger was made with chopped grilled tofu, veggies, black beans, spinach, and vegan chorizo sausage, spices, topped with a red pepper aioli, red onions, roma tomatoes, and baby romaine of a Hawaiian bun. Guy raved about how good it was and how surprised he was.

Can you remember a stand-out dish from the show that you’d like to try?

There is a website which contains all the restaurants on the show: http://www.dinersdriveinsdiveslocations.com/

We watch it but it has started to repeat itself, burger, pizza seem to be the staple. There are some good ones that include veg that the owners grow themselves and some that buy from local farmers market, unfortunately most of them are just fat and fat piled on a plate.

Oh wow, I wish I heard about Sweet Home Waimanolo earlier this year as not only am I a vegetarian, who loves trying out new veggie burgers but I was lucky enough to spend 5 weeks in Hawaii, earlier this year. I'll have to visit next year when I return in September. That burger sounds delicious!

We saw 1 episode when the chef proudly announced he made traditional shepherds pie, he used beef :o_o: not quite sure where he was trained

Back
Top Bottom