Dishes that turned out wrong

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
11:25 PM
What do you do when you make a dish and it turns out all wrong? Maybe you were not paying attention when you were making it, or it was a new recipe that did not go according to plan. I hate to throw away food, so we will eat it anyway if it tastes good enough.

Anything sweet I set in chocolate as a rocky road with a few marshmallows !
I experiment a lot with recipes ,the staff at work get different standards of food

This reminds me of my mistake. One time, I was planning to cook hamburger for dinner so I asked our housemaid to buy the ingredients. But while noting down what to buy, I got this phone call that interrupted me. And when I continued dictating to our housemaid, what got into my mind is the ground beef casserole. When I was about to cook, I asked where are the garnishings for the hamburger like the fries and all I got was a blank look. In effect, I had to cook that ground beef casserole. It's a good thing we had an exra pack of sausage.

I can't think of any real disasters I've had other than when I was very very young and wanted to make a cheesecake. Long story short I didn't understand that grated cheddar cheese was not interchangeable with cream cheese :laugh: it looked beautiful though!
I love the rocky road idea posted above and will definitely keep that on hand for the inevitable disaster that is coming since I said I haven't had one!

My partner does most of the cooking. I don't recall any disasters because if something is not quite like he was expecting it to be, he is good at making it perfect. He is an awesome cook and very creative when it comes to food combinations. I did all the cooking when my children were younger so it's nice now to have a partner who loves to cook. :wink:

Cooking disasters make us completely normal and I always love hearing about what everyone else had to say about theirs. There have also been times where I did things like accidentally sticking the milk in the pantry and stuff like this and it spoiled and I had to get rid of it.

What do you do when you make a dish and it turns out all wrong? Maybe you were not paying attention when you were making it, or it was a new recipe that did not go according to plan. I hate to throw away food, so we will eat it anyway if it tastes good enough.[/QUO

Usually anything that turns out wrong, I work on to make it right. I have about a 95% success rate there and this relates to cooking. The completely burnt stuff that might happen if I am too busy posting on Cooking Bites, I throw out. When it comes to baking where I am not as good, between my husband and my dogs, there isn't a whole lot that turns out wrong for them.

When a dish goes wrong then I am the first to toss it out. I learned from experience that failed dishes can't be saved when burnt. Now, there are times if you are making something like mac n cheese that doesn't have enough cheese. You can just add more cheese or more spices to make it taste better.

We'll eat a dish that goes wrong as long as it's not too bad. If I can cut off the burnt bits or salvage the good parts of the meal then it's all good. I shop for groceries one day at a time though, so if I screw up dinner I typically don't have much in the way of extra ingredients to come up with something new. Therefore if it's an absolute unmitigated disaster (and there have been a few) we usually end up getting takeout or stopping by the sandwich place on the corner. Either that, or we've occasionally been known to have cereal for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom