Do you cook because you have to, or because you want to?

I would be happy as a clam at high tide if all I had to do was shop for food and cook food. The person doing all the rest is welcome to clean up after me when I'm done, too.

DITTO

Before I retired most of my cooking was quick and simple. On my days off I cooked easily frozen foods to facilitate the quick and simple part of meal planning.

I now have the time to play with my food. This forum has challenged me to get out of my comfort zone. My Honey thanks you.

My current challenge is George's dietary restrictions. For the time being I am limited to lean and green. Unless I am cooking for a challenge or cook a long. Spices and herbs help keep things interesting. By the first of the year most of the dietary restriction will be lifted, except for extreme portions control. That is why I have been collecting bread recipes. If George can have only a limited amount of carbs I want it to be home made.

I have been dropping hints about a stand mixer with a bread hook and a pasta attatchemnt for my Christmas gift.

I caught an episode of a reality TV programme called "Back in Time for Dinner" on TV (BBC) this afternoon. It was episode 3 in a series going through the decades, and it was about the 1970s, when convenience food had just started to get popular. Some of the cans, tins and packets on there were quite horrendous. I started feeling quite sorry for the poor family who were having to live on them. It brought back lots of memories, and I must admit I used some of these products quite a lot.

I caught an episode of a reality TV programme called "Back in Time for Dinner" on TV (BBC) this afternoon. It was episode 3 in a series going through the decades, and it was about the 1970s, when convenience food had just started to get popular. Some of the cans, tins and packets on there were quite horrendous. I started feeling quite sorry for the poor family who were having to live on them. It brought back lots of memories, and I must admit I used some of these products quite a lot.
Its a good series. There is a more recent one 'Further Back in Time For Dinner' with the same family.

Because I want to...

Started over 40 years ago when first married and I had off on Bank holidays but my wife didn't.....thought it be a nice gesture for her to come home to a nice cooked meal.....favorite cocktail before dinner...etc..

Stopped when we started having kids as she was a 'stay at home' Mom and did the cooking.....Started again about.20 yrs ago when kids grown up and we shared cooking duties...

Developed the attitude that if you have to do something every day (eat)...why not enjoy it and make it a full time hobby instead of the hobbies you do now and then...

Back
Top Bottom