Do you eat at chain restaurants?

I'm starting to think what you mentioned happens in most countries. We have since lost so many of the home style restaurants that cook true Jamaican meals, instead all these chain restaurants bring in all the fast food that isn't good for you and not nutritionally good either.

Yeah, that's the term I was thinking of - home style restaurants. We actually call them carinderia, a Spanish word to mean eatery. There are still carinderias around and ironically they thrive in the business district mostly patronized by low-wage earners and low ranking employees. It's cute to see those guys in long sleeves shirt with a necktie standing by the side of the eatery with a plate in hand and a spoon on the other, rushing to finish his lunch. But in ordinary times, it is the franchise outlets that are selling the most. And the reason is, aside from the guaranteed taste of the food, the sanitation and hygiene are also guaranteed.

When we eat out it is a mixture of chain and local small business restaurants. but unlike your luck here we have VERY EXPENSIVE small restaurants. for instance, we like German food. the place we like is VERY good but also Very expensive. we usually will end up paying around $100 for dinner. Same thing at our local family owned and run Italian restaurant. Very good food but pricy! so we don't go out to eat much but when we do we eat well.

I prefer the chain restaurants to the local home style type restaurants. In the chain restaurant I know what the food is suppose to look and taste like. Some of the local type places the food is not cooked the way I like all though the price maybe a little less than the chain restaurant.

Back
Top Bottom