Do you ever buy ready-seasoned meat?

Local time
4:27 AM
For years now I have been seeing ready-seasoned meat being sold on supermarket shelves. I have never bought any of this meat though, even though I have been promising myself to do so at times. Do you buy meat like this occasionally or do you prefer to buy the meat in its raw stage and then marinate and season it yourself?

A good reason to buy ready-seasoned meat is if you are in a hurry and want to prepare a quick meal. I think it would be a good idea to try it once just for curiousity, and if I like the taste of it, then I may buy it more often. Buying it ready-seasoned would mean less work too. Obviously, meat that is already seasoned would be a little more expensive than the one bought in its raw stage.

I bought pork ribs a couple if times with a BBQ sauce/powder on it, but it was really fatty. The powder/sauce just disguised just how fatty it was. I haven't bought any for years.

I feel like I have bought it once or twice way back when I saw it on the shelves. It's not something I ever thought I would continue doing. I like to CLEAN and season my meat myself. These days when I do see it on the shelves the few times I shop I just look and look off.

I don't. I prefer to know exactly what has been put on my meat. Sometimes pre seasoned food has additives I don't want like msg or other preservatives.

I have bought seasoned meat before and I normally do not like it. The spicing is too much and way off from the flavors I like. The only exception to this was a package of seasoned ribs I got at the store at the recommendation of the butcher. They were dry rubbed with seasoning and came out perfect when I baked them.

I do, on occasion, buy the meat that is ready to go, but that is usually on the days when I just have no extra time and haven't planned ahead. I always buy from the same grocery store because they have the best selection and I know all the employees in the meat department.

It hardly seems worth it. Most of the seasonings are just a dry mix of spices as far as I can tell. Its so easy to do this at home if you have the spices in your cupboard. Here they sell fresh pre-seasoned fish as well.

I like the idea of buying fresh fish in the super market and they seal it in a foil bag with a flavored butter and then straight in the oven when you get in
But the day glow marinaded meats you see in the bbq section I avoid

During the holiday season, my local grocery store now sells pre-seasoned and stuffed turkey at the meat counter. I think that people are starting to get way too dependent on what is easy to grab and make now. The turkeys that I saw looked good and all, but they wanted double the price of a regular turkey that you could take home and stuff yourself.

We have here preserved meats that are common to the households with 4 or fewer people. Tocino is a cured pork slices that is cooked by boiling until tender and the fried. Tocino has a sweet flavor. Tapa is beef slices that is also cured but with different spices and flavoring. It is cooked by frying. These ready to cook meat are breakfast favorites that are normally eaten with fried rice and salted egg and tomatoes on the side. We have the Longanisa too, ground pork in the style of sausage that gives a stiff competition to tocino and tapa.

I have never bought ready seasoned meat and would prefer to add any flavours or marinades myself. The one exception to this is the frozen minted lamb chumps that I but from my local supermarket. I suppose this is pure laziness on my part as it would hardly be difficult to mint them myself. They are good though!

I never do because I prefer to know what I am adding to my meat and what spices
are being used. When it is pre seasoned you have no idea what amount of spice is
being used and how the combination will taste. I am picky like that when it comes to
seasoning!

seasoned never, but sometimes I bought the meat of wild animals already with his marinade...

I do not buy ready seasoned meat and I rather prepare my own marination. When it comes to the preparation and handling of foods I am very meticulous especially when it comes to the safety of eating foods because I do not know what are the seasonings that they put in there and how it is made. That is why I have always time for doing that kind of thing.

Back
Top Bottom