Do You Feel Weird On Vacation/Holiday When You Can't Cook?

The Late Night Gourmet

Home kook
Staff member
Local time
9:57 AM
Website
absolute0cooking.com
I do like going on vacation (or on holiday as my friends on the other side of the pond would say). But, there's always some point during any vacation where I wish I could cook something. This usually happens after I've tried something amazing in a restaurant: if I were back home, I'd probably try to reproduce the dish at the next opportunity. Sometimes, I get the itch when I haven't had amazing food, since I know I could be eating better than this.

In most cases, I don't stay at places with kitchen access. But, I often return from my vacation wishing I did, even though I'm sure my wife would call me weird (rightfully so) if I were to make a meal sometime during a trip.

Absolutely YES! For which reason I usually book self catering holidays. That way I can both cook and sample local restaurants. Plus, generally speaking booking an apartment in the UK or Europe (don't know about elsewhere), gives you much more space for your money.

Also I like to cook using local produce - I've stayed in North Norfolk for example and cooked fantastic locally sourced seafood.

Back
Top Bottom