Do you have the habit of always tasting your foods while you are cooking?

I'm seriously contemplating getting a set of taste spoons, so that I don't have to keep on washing off the same one before I want to use it again before tasting something that's cooking. :wink:

I don't, I must admit. At school during cooking class, the teacher saw that as a greater evil than the biblical The End of Days. So it kind of got pushed out of my mind. But perhaps one should, I mean, how will you know if your spice content in the dish is enough? Just a thought, but tasting the food does have a good side. Just don't think other people will be happy knowing you did it while preparing their food, unless you use a new spoon for every taste.

I must say I don't generally do that. When I was at school, the cooking class teacher forbid us to even think about doing that. For hygiene reasons. But I feel tasting food during preparations does have its good side, to gauge if the flavor is perfect. Other people might not be happy knowing that you are tasting their food while you are preparing it though, unless you use a new clean spoon for every time you want to taste.

I always taste when I am cooking. How else will you know if it is right? It is only unhygienic if you taste with the spoon and then put that same spoon back into the food. Just use a clean spoon each time. Professional chefs always taste their food.

Back
Top Bottom