Do you use aluminum foil on your grill?

I only use my grill for burgers or chicken, mostly. The only time I use aluminum foil is if I'm grilling corn, and I find it turns out much better that way.

I clean our grill fairly often so I'm not worried about the cleanliness of it, and it gets so hot anyways it'll kill off most of the bacteria.

Out of habit I have always used aluminum foil when grilling. Probably because growing up that is how I always saw it done. however, lately I have ditched the aluminum foil and started grilling directly on the wrack because I like the char marks you can get without foil much better. It makes clean up a little more work, but totally worth it in terms of flavor in my opinion. I do struggling with finding a method that works good for keeping everything from wanting to stick though. Any suggestions? I use a charcoal grill.

I used to use foil on only half of my grill. I'd cover it with foil and poke holes. I then place fish over it. The fish would rapidly cook before I could turn it over. Yet, the smoke would come through those holes to give it a smoky flavoring.
Every once in a while, I'd cover the entire grill to cut down on clean up time.

We usually don't, but the main exception is when it's barbecued chicken. As in, chicken that is being slathered with an actual BBQ sauce repeatedly. Having the foil on there seems to keep the mess down and more of the sauce on the meat.

Regardless of what I am grilling I never use foil on the grill. I could see how using foil could make clean up easier but I really like the smokiness and grilled taste and think that foil cuts down on that. Sometimes I will use a grill "rack" but that is really only used if I am grilling small vegetables that could potential fall through the grill.

Back
Top Bottom