Do you use your toaster oven to toast bread?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
6:34 PM
I tried it several times & ended up buying a toaster. I found it practically impossible to do!
While a toaster oven is good for doing most things, & can be used as a 2nd oven, plus it saves you from having to heat up your regular size oven, toasting bread is not one of my favorite things to do in the toaster oven.

Don't get me wrong,I like it for other things. It can be used if your main oven is full, or for making hot snacks, or helping you do a holiday meal, for small cakes, roasts, steaks & a few pieces of chicken, but Not for making toast..

What is your take on this? :wink:

Last edited:
Like you I did use a toaster oven for quite a long time. In the end my son and daughter begged me to get a toaster. They are right of course - its quicker and more even. I was simply trying to save counter space! I do use the toaster oven for quite a lot of things though - sausages, bacon, cheese on toast etc.

We do. I bought a Breville toaster oven last year as my wife uses one almost daily. It was a little pricey but had great reviews. If you use the proper settings and move the shelf around for what you are making, it works quite well.

The kids who I babysit were over for a weekend. I tried heating some frozen waffles for their breakfast. They got too hard in the regular oven & the toaster oven faired no better..
I said; Enough is enough!! So while I was out getting a drip coffee maker, I figured that I'd get a new toaster as well.

The problem of making toast had happily ended!! :wink:

Last edited:
HB toaster. 2.jpg

Here it is!! :wink:

The only toaster oven i ever owned caught fire the third time i used it...i keep saying when my regular oven bites the big one i might look into buying one of those counter top convection oven type things big enough to bake a pizza or a pan of cookies. I really don't need a huge oven as i don't cook turkeys or roasts cause i am veggie.

As i recall one of those times i did try to use my toaster ven it was for toast and it made for very dry toast.

I use my oven grill, I think you call,it broil? Use all the time, but I make a lot of garlic bread with my own butter and a spin on it as well. We also have a toaster.

Russ

The toaster that I bought is a very simple basic one without the bells & whistles, but it makes good evenly browned toast that's not too dark.

I like my toast lightly browned, & this unit delivers the goods to the T!! I LOVE it!! :wink:

Last edited:
I prefer to toast bread in a toaster but would put it under the grill element otherwise.
I would use the grill for things on toast where you toast 1 side first before turning over and adding the topping, eg, mashed sardines or cheese and tomato.

I have an ordinary toaster for toasting slices of bread, or bagels, or rolls, and a sandwich toaster for toasting filled sandwiches. For anything too large or messy to use either of these, I use the grill which is in my one and only oven. I do have a rotisserie which doubles as a counter top oven and grill, but the last time I used it was when my old 1970s oven gave up the ghost - nowadays it is used as a shelf for my pots of growing herbs etc

Back
Top Bottom