Do you watch Anna & Kristina's Grocery Bag?

MoniqueS

Veteran
Local time
5:11 PM
Website
youngandpennywise.tumblr.com
Does anyone here watch Anna & Kristina's Grocery Bag? It is a series now on the OWN network about two females, with no real culinary training, who cook a couple recipes from a popular cookbook for a chef to review. Then at the end of the episode they share whether or not they think the cookbook is worth purchasing. I personally love this show! It is really fun to see how the recipes turn out and how difficult the process was. I also feel like I could be friends with the two women who host it.

If anyone is interested, here is a list of the cookbooks they approved: http://www.annaandkristina.com/ak-approved-cookbooks/

I hadn't heard of it before, but it looks pretty cool. I like reviews :)

This is a great idea. I haven't watched OWN in a while but look forward to watching this if they still air the show. I think using people that are not chefs is a great way of making the public aware of the cookbook. Its a great way to review a product. I am sure that the author has sold a lot of copies of the book this way.

Does anyone here watch Anna & Kristina's Grocery Bag? It is a series now on the OWN network about two females, with no real culinary training, who cook a couple recipes from a popular cookbook for a chef to review. Then at the end of the episode they share whether or not they think the cookbook is worth purchasing. I personally love this show! It is really fun to see how the recipes turn out and how difficult the process was. I also feel like I could be friends with the two women who host it.

If anyone is interested, here is a list of the cookbooks they approved: http://www.annaandkristina.com/ak-approved-cookbooks/

Hi, MoniqueS, awhile ago these two ladies started their show on another network (I believe, but don't quote me, it was TLC). I have watched a few episodes and do enjoy watching it on occasion. It is nice to see two women who have no culinary experience trying out recipes from cookbooks and sharing with us non-expert cooks if it would be a good buy or not.

I believe when they first started their show together, it did not focus so much on cooking. It was more about product reviews, i.e. different types of coffee and such.

Back
Top Bottom