Recipe challenge judge
Local time
3:54 PM
Website
www.instagram.com
[Mod.edit: several following posts moved to new topic (MG)]

Ok as of yesterday:
Here are the companies still doing business in Russia undeterred

"A corporate exodus from Russia in response to its military invasion of Ukraine has seen more than 300 U.S. and multinational companies sever business ties with..."

Subway, Dunkin Donuts, Mondelez (Oreos, Chips Ahoy, Ritz), and Marriott. Really disappointed in Marriott.
I always hated dunkin donuts, and it's the only brand of donuts available in NL * ugly cries* . I hope they go down for this.

Really, I've been hooked on Krispy Kreme since I had them in the UK 7 years ago when I lived there, but nothing comparable here. Donuts are just not part of our culture, while I think they're the best pastry there is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always hated dunkin donuts, and it's the only brand of donuts available in NL * ugly cries* . I hope they go down for this.

Really, I've been hooked on Krispy Kreme since I had them in the UK 7 years ago when I lived there, but nothing comparable here. Donuts are just not part of our culture, while I think they're the best pastry there is.
I only eat donuts about once or twice a year. I agree Krispy Creme is superior, if they're fresh. Dunkin makes coffee some people like, too. I don't.

If you know people who visit Dunkin Donuts, tell them about this.

Dunkin Donuts are terrible and Quispy Queme are even worse:yuck:
Best doughnuts I ever had were in January - in Silverton, Ohio!!
1647015990919.png

Who is that? There's no such store here and if there is they surely have no donuts.

Edit: googled it. No such stores here.
Sorry I thought I was responding to GH. I was posting from my phone while cooking and then my guests arrived, so...distracted posting, lol!

Last edited:
Who is that? There's no such store here and if there is they surely have no donuts.

Edit: googled it. No such stores here.
You’re not missing much. IMO, if there’s a doughnut place that’s lower quality than Dunkin, it’s Horton’s. I’d rather have a box of supermarket plain cake doughnuts…that was a month past expiration…that was left out in the rain…with the lid open… :laugh:

And don’t get me wrong, I friggin’ hate Dunkin! :laugh:

You’re not missing much. IMO, if there’s a doughnut place that’s lower quality than Dunkin, it’s Horton’s. I’d rather have a box of supermarket plain cake doughnuts…that was a month past expiration…that was left out in the rain…with the lid open… :laugh:

And don’t get me wrong, I friggin’ hate Dunkin! :laugh:
I've actually only driven past Tim Hortons. They've expanded into the US, even though I had seen them while visiting Canada. One opened up about 10 miles from here. Thanks for saving me the disappointment!

I've actually only driven past Tim Hortons. They've expanded into the US, even though I had seen them while visiting Canada. One opened up about 10 miles from here. Thanks for saving me the disappointment!
Oh, you should try them anyway. You can’t appreciate the good until you’ve had the bad. A lot of Hortons’ have closed around here.

Here’s a funny thing: mention either Dunkin or Horton, and a lot of people will say, “Oh, yeah, they have the best coffee!”

In my mind, if you’re a doughnut shop, and people rave about your coffee, but don’t rave about your doughnuts…your main product…then you’ve missed the point entirely. :laugh:

Krispy Kreme FTW, BUT: I only know them as the best ones I have ever tasted and my experience is limited to Dunkin, supermarket bakery donuts, and Greggs (a UK bakery chain) donuts.

I'm sure there will be better out there, but having no donut stores here (and not even bakeries that sell them on the side) makes it hard to compare anything. I know I should make them myself, but the process seems daunting for my brainfogged mind.

Oh, you should try them anyway. You can’t appreciate the good until you’ve had the bad. A lot of Hortons’ have closed around here.

Here’s a funny thing: mention either Dunkin or Horton, and a lot of people will say, “Oh, yeah, they have the best coffee!”

In my mind, if you’re a doughnut shop, and people rave about your coffee, but don’t rave about your doughnuts…your main product…then you’ve missed the point entirely. :laugh:
It's okay. If I didn't stop there in the past two years, even after driving past it multiple times, that tells you that I don't eat donuts often and am not that keen in finding out what else they might have that I would be interested in disappointed with.

Now when I was a kid, that was a different story on donuts. My dad would get a dozen donuts every Sunday morning when he was home on leave from the Air Force (and they were Krispy Kreme). We would each get one donut (there were six kids). Mom would eat one and dad would eat the rest. One Sunday morning, my dad brought home two dozen donuts (some kind of deal I imagine). Anyway, we had the extra donuts, and when no one was looking, I gorged on the donuts, I think I probably had six of them? That was a lot for my little four-year-old tummy to take. I was violently ill and for some reason, it took me years before I could even look at a donut again.

I will eat a donut about once or twice a year. I like creme sticks and chocolate-covered creme filled regular shaped donuts (kinda the same thing but a different shape). I am not a huge coffee drinker, but if I am out somewhere for breakfast, I will usually order a cup of coffee or hot tea, but I would never just stop and have random coffee while out. Anyway, I don't see any reason to start going to Tim Horton's just to find out that they suck!

Last edited:
Krispy Kreme FTW, BUT: I only know them as the best ones I have ever tasted and my experience is limited to Dunkin, supermarket bakery donuts, and Greggs (a UK bakery chain) donuts.
Here, most towns of any size have a doughnut shop - it’s one thing the chains haven’t managed to kill. In my town, it’s Combs Bakery. I’d post their website, but they’re FB only, so there isn’t much to see if you’re not on FB (which I’m not).

Cincinnati is large enough to have a few local legends, so to speak:

Busken Bakery • Cakes, Cookies, Donuts, Schnecken
Home | Servatii Pastry Shop
Home | holtmansdonuts

Holtman’s is probably my favorite for a doughnut, but I prefer Servatti’s for their cakes and pastries. Sadly, the founder of Servatti’s just passed away. The city was lucky to have him.

The doughnuts I get most frequently, though, are from Der Dutchmen, about an hour away, Amish-style bakery and restaurant. I like theirs as much as anyone’s, and it’s a lazy country drive up a quiet backroad to get there, no interstate/motorway.

and am not that keen in finding out what else they might have that I would be interested in disappointed with.
Oh, I can help you there. They also have p!ss-poor breakfast sandwiches and substandard lunch wraps. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom