Dried potato

Well here as an interesting thought: don't we feed our babies on dried reconstituted milk in their bottles? Did you do that @Ken Natton, with your babies? I did - although I tried to breast feed as long as I could (I was working full-time and managed about 6 months with 3 of them). Is it OK for babies to have dried food but not for us?

There is a bit of a conundrum here... I am being purposely provocative. :D

I'm not sure that a baby discerns between breast milk and dried milk. As adults, we might take a rational judgement about issues like immunities that come from mother's milk and the baby may take more in terms of comfort from its mother's breast than from a bottle, but it is hardly the same as an adult recognising the difference between turkey roll and genuine turkey or between well made mashed potato and Smash.

I'm not sure that a baby discerns between breast milk and dried milk. As adults, we might take a rational judgement about issues like immunities that come from mother's milk and the baby may take more in terms of comfort from its mother's breast than from a bottle, but it is hardly the same as an adult recognising the difference between turkey roll and genuine turkey or between well made mashed potato and Smash.

So the only objection you have to dried potatoes is the fact you can tell the difference?

I don't like the taste of Smash - I find it has a slightly sour taste on my tongue. However I am very much a child of the 70's and my mother embraced such things, so I could just be traumatised by my mother's (awful) cooking. :roflmao:

So - when was the last time you tried it? I just like it for what it is which is not the same as mashed potato! Have you tried making Gnocchi with it (Nigella does)?
Fond of a drink or three, whilst cooking, but I'll not be trying that either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom