Easter 2023

Wait…I like this pic better, with the dressing poured over:

152812B2-D7C3-4E73-AC1F-026E7AE0410F.jpeg

Had to look up "Amish Salad". Do you just leave the broccoli raw, or do you parboil it? I have to admit, I´d like a little tiny bit of red onion in that.
It’s all raw. As to the term “Amish Salad,” I don’t really call it that. I just call it cauliflower-broccoli salad, but some version of this pops up at every family gathering, picnic, cookout, or church supper around here, and it’s in all of those fundraiser cookbooks that churches and schools put out, and they’ll call it Amish Salad, or Amish Friendship Salad, or Amish Barn-Raising Salad…

It’s highly customizable. I’ve been onion in it before, cherry tomatoes…my mom would add in horseradish sauce for a little bite, her mom definitely would not.

I think it looks wonderful! Setting the table is one thing, but it’s the food and family that really matter.

I love your idea of using the muffin tin as a deviled egg tray!
What was great was that even my stepson, who is autistic and doesn't particularly enjoy food has come to like these holiday gatherings I do and always joins us despite his limited diet. And he's tried (and liked) orange juice today! That's a big win over here.
When my husband and his ex were still together they never did these kind of things (they played board games as a family instead) so it's extra fun to me that this new tradition I installed has been a succes.
The only full family gathering we ever had with my MIL and BIL (he lives in France) with his daughter and my stepsons too was actually an Easter Brunch I organised. Still happy I did that, because not long after MIL had a stroke and she's not the same since.

Back
Top Bottom