Recipe Easy 15 Minute Pizza

caseydog

Local time
6:38 PM
This is something I make often, on nights when I really don't have time to do a long cook, or just don't feel like cooking. It is quick, easy and somewhat healthier than a frozen pizza from the grocery store.

Basic Ingredients

Pre-made Pizza Crust (a pita or other flatbread would work, too)
Tomato Sauce
Italian Seasoning Blend (or just dried oregano)
Low Moisture Mozzarella -- shredded (whole milk, or part skim for the weight watchers)

Optional -- Granulated Garlic

Toppings -- whatever you like. The pizza in this post just has a chiffonade of fresh basil, some black pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil. I add my basil after baking. I've added pepperoni, onions, peppers, mushrooms, ham -- all kinds of stuff in the past.

1686288529543.jpeg

It takes about ten to twelve minutes to bake at 400F/205C

1686288618638.jpeg

CD

We used to do something very similar, called pizza toasts. Slice of bread, toast one side only, turn over, tomato concentrate/sauce/purée, a pate of choice and cheese of choice (we usually went with a decent cheddar), herbs if wanted. Then grill (that UK version) until the cheese was bubbling and browning.

I like but pulling everything together from the fridge and pantry takes 15 minutes in itself. (Plus I don't like pre-grated cheeses. They melt rather wrong, if nothing else.)

It really doesn't take more than a couple of minutes, if you have everything you need, which I always have. You can grate your own cheese. That only adds a minute.

I can prep my pizza by the time my oven is hot. I chop my basil while the pizza bakes.

I didn't count the cooking time, but the prep time is about five minutes for me.

You can raise the oven temp to as high as 425F if you want, and save time. Just keep an eye on it.

Keep in mind that this is a "I'm hungry, I don't feel like cooking, but I want something homemade and relatively healthy" kind of pizza.

CD

It really doesn't take more than a couple of minutes, if you have everything you need, which I always have. You can grate your own cheese. That only adds a minute.

I can prep my pizza by the time my oven is hot. I chop my basil while the pizza bakes.

I didn't count the cooking time, but the prep time is about five minutes for me.

You can raise the oven temp to as high as 425F if you want, and save time. Just keep an eye on it.

Keep in mind that this is a "I'm hungry, I don't feel like cooking, but I want something homemade and relatively healthy" kind of pizza.

CD
I would have everything I need. But part of this is finding the actual stuff in the fridge or wherever. And I do grate my own cheese always. Chopping or hand shredding the basil of course is quick and easy. (Prefer to hand shred that.)

I always always make it with more than just a cheese topping. Mushrooms, other veggies (peppers are great), olives which are sliced, pepperoni or sausage. Artichoke hearts. Depends on what I have.

Back
Top Bottom