Egg cups

You probably know this now.

But you soft boil the eggs.
Make some toast, butter it and then cut it into 1/2 to 1 inch strips. Like soldiers standing in a row.
Dip soldier in egg, eat. Repeat.

Eating soft boiled eggs from egg cups is not that prevalent in the USA - I learned this a while ago on the forum.

You probably know this now.

But you soft boil the eggs.
Make some toast, butter it and then cut it into 1/2 to 1 inch strips. Like soldiers standing in a row.
Dip soldier in egg, eat. Repeat.
Yes, thank you. I did Google it since CD was teasing me, LOL.

It so happens my husband likes soft boiled eggs, but he doesn't dip his, he eats them with a spoon without any toasted bread. Or I peel them (when medium boiled with a slightly runny yolk) and he bites into them. So I didn't know.

Yes, thank you. I did Google it since CD was teasing me, LOL.

It so happens my husband likes soft boiled eggs, but he doesn't dip his, he eats them with a spoon without any toasted bread. Or I peel them (when medium boiled with a slightly runny yolk) and he bites into them. So I didn't know.

Now you can surprise him one day with 'soldiers'.

Eating soft boiled eggs from egg cups is not that prevalent in the USA - I learned this a while ago on the forum.

Not anymore. It was once a common practice. I remember eating them that way as a kid in the 60s. Then, it kind of went away, here.

CD

I used to have four, but one broke:

I also have two very cheep white ones around here somewhere, but I've mislaid them (cheep...laid...egg...get it?! :roflmao: ).

They're common enough here that the ones above are available at a Williams-Sonoma outlet store about 20 minutes from the house, and the white ones (and those egg spoons) were had at my local Kroger.

I used to have four, but one broke:
View attachment 59201

I also have two very cheep white ones around here somewhere, but I've mislaid them (cheep...laid...egg...get it?! :roflmao: ).

They're common enough here that the ones above are available at a Williams-Sonoma outlet store about 20 minutes from the house, and the white ones (and those egg spoons) were had at my local Kroger.

I think you should get your coat!

Back
Top Bottom