Egg ring fail

vernplum

Veteran
Local time
9:09 PM
Hi

I bought these ‘non-stick’ fried egg rings but I haven’t been successful with them! How can something so simple go wrong?

First time I sprayed with Crisco spray but the eggs stuck to the inside and broke up when I tried to remove them. Second time I dunked the rings completely in vegetable oil prior to frying but the eggs still got stuck inside.

What is the ‘hack’ to make these work please?

<embarrassed face>

C9A110DF-3583-432E-B692-7BC09E07CAD8.jpeg

I have a pair of silicone egg rings, and they want to stick. I rub them down with butter, and put butter in my non-stick egg pan, and that works pretty well. They may stick a little, but I can free the eggs without messing them up.

Now, I always cook eggs in butter, so this is no big deal for me. It's not the healthiest thing, but neither is the bacon/sausage and cheese I put on my egg sandwiches.

Another tip, cook your egg "pucks" on a medium heat, at the most. Let them cook through slowly. They release better from the mold that way. They also hold their shape better when the mold is removed. But, they don't get overly brown -- just barely, in fact -- sometimes not at all. Cook them most of the way through, remove the mold (with the aid of a small knife if necessary), flip the "puck" to finish cooking on the other side.

CD

Back
Top Bottom