Eggs

I've been making Yorkshire pudding instead of the regular suspects and switched up from poached to soft scrambled with chives added filling the Yorkshires with that, then laying on the smoked salmon, works for me.

We never 'ad smoked salmon in Yorkshire when I was a lad. We didn't even know what salmon was (except that stuff in the tin - and we were unaware that that was fish). Fish to us was cod and 'addock and later a strange item called 'alibut appeared. That never caught on.

We never 'ad smoked salmon in Yorkshire when I was a lad. We didn't even know what salmon was (except that stuff in the tin - and we were unaware that that was fish). Fish to us was cod and 'addock and later a strange item called 'alibut appeared. That never caught on.
Enjoy your bennies Yorky. Looks like your h key is acting up lol. I pretty much use halibut for fish and chips.Cheers

I nearly forgot frittatas and Spanish tortillas - great fridge cleaners when you have a bunch of leftovers to use up.

Also quiche, I suppose, but not my favorite way to have eggs. I do make a crustless quiche/impossible pie type thing that’s very good, though. It uses a very thin, crisp layer of Parmesan cheese in place of the crust.

It's difficult to show it in an image but this is an image of a couple of eggs I used some time ago. I find the main advantage of duck eggs when cooking (either poached, boiled, fried or steamed) is that with so little white (percentage wise), the white solidifies much quicker leaving an excellent runny yolk.

It's maybe that Thai ducks are different from Mercan ducks?
I want duck eggs, it's just not something that is widely popular. I will be on the lookout while driving for work projects through rural areas this spring and summer. Maybe I will get lucky and find some.

When in Mexico at my favorite resort in Cabo San Lucas, they served a seafood Benedict that had a medley of smoked salmon, shrimp, and scallop. Fabulous!

Edited to add that I just noticed the sloppy plating in that photo, LOL. Ah well. It still tasted great!

Last edited:
Eggs are the Swiss Army knife of the kitchen ingredients. i eat a lot of eggs. maybe more than i should. my go-to quick meal is a bowl of hot white rice, a fried egg on top, and a sprinkle of seaweed flake and a drizzle of soy sauce.

another favorite is a MocoLoco. A Hawaiian favorite. eggs, rice, meat, and GRAVY. I made a chicken variation once.

chk mocoL.jpg

Last edited:
Which came first, the chicken or the egg? The chicken, obviously. But what about the duck?

Back
Top Bottom