Electric Carving Knife

Looking at your photo I realize the blades on mine fit just right....
Maybe yours is similar to mine (really, I think most follow this basic concept):

You have to make sure both blades snap into place in the motor, and it does sound like a hedge trimmer when it's running. To get the blade back off, you just squeeze the two metal tabs together and pull.

A lot of BBQ joints in Texas use them to slice brisket. My parents always had one. I never liked using it.

CD

I have one that was handed down. I've never used it. My arthritis is spreading to my wrists and hands so I might have to pull it out at some point.

Cuisinart has discontinued their Cordless Electric Knives. Makes me wonder.

I wouldn't wonder at all, beyond "We're not selling enough of these." I'm sure it came down to money. Always does.

I'm actually surprised anyone still makes them. I definitely associate them with 1950's-1960's "kitchen marvels" that have fallen out of fashion.

Last edited:
Reactions: mjd
I wouldn't wonder at all, beyond "We're not selling enough of these." I'm sure it came down to money. Always does.

I'm actually surprised anyone still makes them. I definitely associate them with 1950's-1969's "kitchen marvels" that have fallen out of fashion.

Like fashion, they will come back around "new and improved" at some point.

Back
Top Bottom