Electric Skillet

My mom had one way back in the day - it was avocado green, must have been from the 1970s.
My favorite picture of my mom is from about 1969, black-and-white, of her dressed in very 60’s sleeveless top and capri-length pants and sandals, That Girl hairdo, very primly squatting (knees together always - well, not always, because she had six kids! :laugh: ) next to an electric skillet plugged into a ground-level outlet in a rest stop/layby, heating beans-and-wienies up for a quick, cheap roadside lunch, somewhere in the Blueridge Mountains in Virginia.

Never ever got hot enough. In the '60s banks used to give them away as premiums for new accounts. Also toasters and blenders. Whenever a wedding was on the horizon, my mother would run all over town opening new accoumnts to harvest these awful appliances. Might have been some fondue sets in there too.

Well you kinda did. Most electric skillets can be used for pancakes.
Electric Skillet..jpg

Just ordred THIS one, but it won't arrive until April 1st to the 19th. It looks quite similar to the one that a friend of mine was going to give to me until we found out that one of her kids broke one of the handles on it!!! He loves to cook, so I don't see how he could've broken it!!!! He ain't using it when he comes over here!!! :ninja:

Last edited:
Upon unpacking the electric skillet, the control fell to the floor. I thought that it didn't come with the skillet!! Had me thinking that there wasn't one!! Thought to myself, how in the world does an electric skillet come without the control & cord?!!! Was about to return it, but found the control on the floor!! Decided to keep it when I found it on the floor. :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom