Ever tried cheese on a hotdog?

queenbellevue

Veteran
Local time
3:50 PM
I had one today, it was surprisingly delicious...Only for $1 USD!
10340137_1008833139142253_6324263760150618511_n.jpg

I'm not even sure what type of cheese it was. Tasted like a mild cheddar

I will admit I do not care for hotdogs at all with or without the cheese but my roommate is another story. He loves so many different things on his hotdogs and cheese is one of his favorites. He used whatever cheese we have available at the time which is usually a cheddar or mozzarella. He likes it with chili and cheese too!

Yes I have and I love it very much. Just be careful not to eat it when it is still very hot. We have lots of hotdog and cheese sandwich. Some have hotdogs with melted cheese on top and other have cheese inside the hotdog itself.

Yes I already tried melted cheese on a hotdog and this is one of my favorite food for snack time. Sometimes I want my hotdog sandwich with mayonnaise and mustard too. I know it is very overloaded already but they make it more delicious!

There is hotdog vendor in my town that makes a carmelized onion and cream cheese hot dog. It is amazing, but very messy to eat. I like to squirt a little mustard on top of it so that I get the tangy flavor with the sweetness of the onion and the cream cheese.

I've tried this before and it was delicious! Melted cheese and onions, lovely! I've also made toasted cheese sandwiches with sliced hot dog inside, they were pretty good.

I've never tried that before, maybe it's because I don't like hot-dogs much neither do I enjoy cheese much either. I will admit though that from the look of that picture the dog does look good! I do love ketchup on everything so that might very well be what's so attractive to me in the picture of the hot- dog; the bread roll too as I am a sucker for anything bread.

I've tried this before and it was delicious! Melted cheese and onions, lovely! I've also made toasted cheese sandwiches with sliced hot dog inside, they were pretty good.

EXACTLY. I'm really surprised at how good it actually was. I never imagined cheese and hotdogs to go so well together

Of course, many many times. I worked at an A&W restaurant as a teenager and we sold thousands of chili cheese dogs, and I ate my fair share along the way. In addition, whenever my parents took us to a Dairy Queen I always made them get me a footlong hot dog with cheese. I believe they use Cheeze Whiz on their dogs, or something comparable. At A&W we would put half slices of American cheese on the dogs, then place them in a steamer machine that would burst the whole hotdog with steam, warming the bun and melting the cheese.

Personally, I'm a diehard fan of kraut dogs, especially with some mustard on top - but I wouldn't turn down a hot dog with cheese either though. You can also play around with different types of hot dogs and cheeses. For example, melted "pub cheese" is great over hot dogs too.

Of course, many many times. I worked at an A&W restaurant as a teenager and we sold thousands of chili cheese dogs, and I ate my fair share along the way. In addition, whenever my parents took us to a Dairy Queen I always made them get me a footlong hot dog with cheese. I believe they use Cheeze Whiz on their dogs, or something comparable. At A&W we would put half slices of American cheese on the dogs, then place them in a steamer machine that would burst the whole hotdog with steam, warming the bun and melting the cheese.

Personally, I'm a diehard fan of kraut dogs, especially with some mustard on top - but I wouldn't turn down a hot dog with cheese either though. You can also play around with different types of hot dogs and cheeses. For example, melted "pub cheese" is great over hot dogs too.

What even is cheese whiz? Is it specifically an American thing, because I haven't seen anything remotely similar in Europe or Asia

In the states cheese & hotdogs usually go together. Especially if chilli is involved then it becomes an unholy trinity. I like to sprinkle a sharp cheddar on my beef dogs or, depending on what kind of dog it is, alter the cheese. Feta for a Greek style or brie with pear. It's open season on dogs in the summer.

First of all, if I could get a hotdog like that from a street food vendor for $1 I'd be in heaven. Over here that would probably be somewhere between 3 and 4 euros.

And yes, often I make chili cheese dogs which are so delicious!

That is a pretty good deal for a dollar! The have more basic, simple ones at Ikea too for .50 cents.

I don't mind cheese on a hot dog, it is good if you are looking for a more substantial taste. But then of course I think you need onions with the cheese. Actually now that I think of it we've done that at home and also added mayonnaise and ketchup.

I have not eaten hot dogs in a long, long time and there are always around as my husband loves them. In the past, I have had them with cheese and it made a great difference with the taste. It was wonderful. Of course, there has to be ketchup,onion, pepper and little relish in there as well. I've also had some miniature chips on the hot dog at times. The one thing I don't think I would add is mayo which seems to be quite popular.

Back
Top Bottom