Favorite foreign food

well I like to taste local food when I travel....so there's a lot of foreign dishes I like :D
Hungarian Goulash is something special
also eat awesome belgian seafood soup
and medioriental traditional tajine

I like to cook meals with influences from across the globe at home. I am quite experimental in my cooking. When I go abroad, I prefer to eat local dishes rather than food that caters to the UK tourists. My favourite take-away is Indian food and I prefer the spicier dishes.

Whenever we go to Hongkong (we go there at least once a year), our favorite dish is Lamb Biryani that is served in Ebeneezer, a middle eastern restaurant. Rice is the main ingredient that is flavored with spices and mixed with cooked lamb meat that is so tender to the bite. We never fail to eat Lamb Biryani and it is now a tradition with us when we go to Hongkong (we have a trip in October).
I love Indian food, suitably spiced for the American palate however. I don't like cuisine that is exceedingly spicy. Shahi Paneer the nicely spiced Indian dish with cheese curds in Spinach is something I am really fond of. I also love Greek food, and a soup Avogo Lemono...eggs in lemon is super delicious. I have never tried to make that. I think I will!!

So hard to choose just one. I love American gumbo (I'm a kiwi from New Zealand), udon noodle soups, vegetarian curries (my best friend's parents are Indian, so I get to eat curry on a regular basis) and Korean dumplings. :D

Back
Top Bottom