Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sugarpasted

Über Member
Local time
5:26 PM
I'm curious to know what people's favourite foreign foods are! recently I have been interested in Tanzanian food and you can read more about that here on my blog but what are some good foreign foods?

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to CookingBites @Sugarpasted - it would probably help us to know where you are located? I presume you are not currently in (or from) Tanzania?

Chinese - indian [nothing too hot] are our favouites, but I still wonder if there are fish'n'chip restaurants or 'yorshire pudding' shops in China or India and if not why not ? After all 'foreign food is relative to where you live surely.

We eat a lot of middle eastern and Indian food in this household. Throw a bit of Thai and Japanese in as well... what else? Israeli, Palestinian, Egyptian, Moroccan, Greek, Turkish, you probably have the idea by now. And a lot of stuff from the northern Silk Road route (Afghan, infact any of the 'stans' as well as Persian (Irian, etc)... I guess we eat very little 'British' food at all to be honest.

Thai is a big favourite with us. We have a few really good Turkish restaurants recently opened and we have sampled their delights.

My first visit to India in the 80's changed my eating habits forever, although I also like Thai, Mexican and Chinese and still crave British stodge occasionally.

My first visit to India in the 80's changed my eating habits forever, although I also like Thai, Mexican and Chinese and still crave British stodge occasionally.

When TVC and I got married we flew to Fiji, did the deed then after a few days we flew to Sydney Australia for 10 days then onto Cairns for 10 days, had an absolute blast and ate some amazing food. When we got home we both craved beef stew and dumplings.

French, mainly northern for sheer indulgence. Asian for heat and fragrance in so many guises.

i just could not decide ,many food cultures have moulded my cooking over the years from pacific rim to France to Africa to the middle east via,Scandinavia

French, mainly northern for sheer indulgence. Asian for heat and fragrance in so many guises.
That's interesting. When I was much younger (!) and first went to France I thought I died and gone to heaven. But that was because in those days there was virtually no decent restaurant food in the UK and I couldn't cook for toffees. Now I find French food rather bland an unadventurous!

That's interesting. When I was much younger (!) and first went to France I thought I died and gone to heaven. But that was because in those days there was virtually no decent restaurant food in the UK and I couldn't cook for toffees. Now I find French food rather bland an unadventurous!

We were in Paris a couple of years ago and wanted a sandwich for lunch, mostly cheese and ham. Although to be fair we did have a cracking beouf bourbignon.

I have to agree about French food, with the exception of some nice peasant dishes like cassoulet it really does not stack up against the flavours and textures of other cuisines.

Back
Top Bottom