Favourite mustard?

Usually, we get a pop-up store at the Mall and I get mine there. This little baby jar I got at Dollar Tree believe it or not last year.
A few years back I ordered it on line.

There was a HF pop-up last Christmas in Frisco. I didn't see the mustard. I'll look for it, if the pop-up is here again.

CD

There's only one mustard for me - but a number of manufacturers.........

These are two of them.

Mustard s.jpg

Mustard powder s.jpg

Montage.jpg

I don't have many versions of mustard at the moment... just the 3 excluding the sample hubby brought home at the weekend. I do also really like Senap which is a Swedish Sweet mustard that I might be able to get whilst in in Helsinki...
I have a very big container of the Coleman's mustard that I just refill the small one from. Actually, there's 3 of them. :whistling:

20231010_180956.jpg

16969220887196955074957530466108.jpg

To be honest, I've got more miso than mustard! I've got 11 containers of 9 different varieties of miso not counting the batch I'm maturing that I made myself.

Last edited:
What happened to going to the edges?
I don’t really like doing that, because then there’s a chance it gets on my fingers somehow, that’s the main reason.

Also, and I can be with way with pizza, I like different bites to have different tastes; if the whole sandwich tasted the same from one corner to the other, I’d be a little disappointed. With pizza, I’ll frequently put my olives over here, sausage over there, and no toppings on part, so I get different tastes.

That sandwich wasn’t mine, though, so the reason for that specific one was, that’s all the mustard MrsT was allowing herself, and it spreads only so far.

methinks "mustard" comes in three varieties:
- plain ole/yellow stuff - aka "frenchs"
- brown, stone ground
-Dijon style

brand 'variation' can certainly make a difference - but those maybe the major distinctions

however in the realm of comma but and 'maybe so' . . .
is horseradish.
imho it performs the same role of mustard in biga-ramp-up flavor "ka-powl" as mustards.

I use various mustards +/- horse radish (smooth/creamy/fresh...) to achieve the level of "got'cha" bite needed for the dish.

Back
Top Bottom