Finger foods

The pinwheel rolls are always a good and fairly quick finger food. You just take a tortila shell put cheese, ham or turkey, lettuce and some salad dressing, roll and slice. I think you can get three or four pinwheels out of one shell.

I prefer making finger foods. You can offer more variety and they are easier to serve. I am also busy as I have four children and I work a lot of hours. If I am hosting a party, I prepare items such as pastries in advance that I can just bake on the day without any preparation. Dips with things like celery sticks, crudites and breadsticks are simple. Mini tartlets with fillings such as pesto and tomato, goats cheese and red onion or ham and cheese are really simple. Asian snacks, such as samosa and spring rolls are also great. Sandwiches are simple and don't have to be boring ham, egg or tuna. Opt for beef with horseradish, coronation chicken and pork with apple. Use your imagination.

I just revisited the thread and realisze there are lots of great suggestions here. I've also seen some things that I not familiar with at all. When someone spoke of mini burgers recently I got to thinking those could work as well. Thanks for the ideas for the next ocassion.

I can't think of a single finger food I prepare from scratch at home! Does a sandwich count, lol? I would say something like fries, but I can't remember the last time I made those at home. I would have to say some kind of snack like carrot sticks. Sounds boring, lol, but I love carrots. I also like cutting them into "chips" for dipping humus.

Oh, wait! A burrito is finger food isn't it? You eat that with your hands! A soft taco or a quesadilla would qualify as well, yes? It's the same concept, as a burrito in that you roll it up I guess, but fresh spring rolls are so easy as you simply soak the wrapper and add your filling of choice. Haven't done those in a while...

Back
Top Bottom