First Restaurant Choice When Allowed To Eat Out Again?

CraigC

Guru
Local time
7:19 AM
Most likely it will be one of our breakfast spots. For dinner, Casa Maya for Mexican. Cinco de Mayo is Karen's BD, but I doubt it wll open for sit down service before then. :headshake:

We were booked into an Italian restaurant on the first day of the shutdown, so it only seems right that we try to rebook for the first day they are open again.

The Italian restaurant we go to is a once in a while thing. We usually end up spending $200.00 to $300.00 including the wine. Very few tables and reservations are a must.

That is a hard decision. There are so many outstanding restaurants.
:scratchhead::scratchhead::scratchhead:
I can narrow it down to two.
Mazan's Grill or Cafe Bella
Mazan's has no ethnic leaning - great steaks, rack of lamb and duck breast to die for, some seafood dishes and pasta dishes. Best of all a choice of Grand Marnier or chocolate souffle for desert, cooked to order. They also have interesting off menu items. The last time we went they had fried soft shell crab for an appetizer. We shared it. Good thing. That crab was easily 8" point to point. The sauce - lets just say I sopped it up with a piece of bread.
Everything they serve is done to perfection.

Cafe Bella - It is not strictly Italian. I would say Italian influenced incorporating local ingredients. Their Osso Buco is divine. Pasta Dishes - both red and white sauces. Probably more white sauces. Pasta is all made in house. The Chef takes advantage of the local seafood. I think the only non local seafood is scallops. There is a pasta dish with shrimp and andouille sausage. The sauces - again use bread to wipe the plate clean. Jack, the owner, is always there to greet and visit with his guest. It is not unusual for him to walk around with a bottle of wine - his current favorite and offer his guest a glass. He will also sit and visit.

I do worry about Cafe Bella. Jack's clientele is mostly local. His location is tucked away - you have to know it is there. My heart would be broken and my taste buds deprived if his business does not survive this pandemic.
Thanks for the thread Craig.

I just checked Cafe Bella's web site. They are still open for dinner take out only. Not for lunch. I miss spoke. In addition to scallops they also serve clams and salmon. Obviously not indigenous to Louisiana.

Back
Top Bottom