(Food Game) Name a theme and make a menu with it

Windigo

Kitchen Witch
Recipe Challenge Judge
Local time
7:54 PM
Website
www.instagram.com
For example, my theme is 'Greek' and I have to post a three course menu. So my post looks like this:

Menu:
1) Spanakopita (puff pastry filled with feta and spinach)
2) Moussaka (Greek layered dish of meat and aubergines)
3) Loukmades (sweet honey drizzled donuts)

Next theme: French.

So the next poster then makes a French menu of three courses, and thinks of a new theme for the next poster. Themes like 'vegetarian' and other descriptive themes are also allowed, it isn't required for the theme to be a country. It IS fun to let others know what the dish is next to the name. Three courses is required to keep it interesting.

That's super educational but I can't think it through, as somebody might get tastyed, so I'm just posting what comes to my mind first

1. Salad nicoise

2. Beef burgignon, pommes macaire, Redwine shallots

3. Tarte tartin

Next menu should be hunted or gathered in the woods

The classics

1) Coquilles Saint Jaques (means different things in different places but to me its generally scallops in a white wine, shallot and cream sauce with a breadcrumb topping.

2) Beef Bourguignon (Beef casserole usually made with a whole bottle of red wine with garlic butter mushrooms cooked separately and added at the end so they retain their glorious buttery garlic flavour).

3) Mille-Feuille (puff pastry and cream layered often with some fruit). I wanted to say Macaroons but that might cause an argument 😆

The classics

1) Coquilles Saint Jaques (means different things in different places but to me its generally scallops in a white wine, shallot and cream sauce with a breadcrumb topping.

2) Beef Bourguignon (Beef casserole usually made with a whole bottle of red wine with garlic butter mushrooms cooked separately and added at the end so they retain their glorious buttery garlic flavour).

3) Mille-Feuille (puff pastry and cream layered often with some fruit). I wanted to say Macaroons but that might cause an argument 😆
You forgot to add a new theme and you didn't use PabloLerntKochen 's woods theme

That's super educational but I can't think it through, as somebody might get tastyed, so I'm just posting what comes to my mind first

1. Salad nicoise

2. Beef burgignon, pommes macaire, Redwine shallots

3. Tarte tartin

Next menu should be hunted or gathered in the woods
Ah soz Pablo. Ignore my post.

Hunter gathered in the woods is great!

We have a Mexican theme on our menu list.

Guacamole and tortilla chips

Chorizo pick ups, Mexican melty cheese over cooked chorizo with tortilla pieces to pick up

Mexican street corn salad, basically Mexican street corn of the cob

I do similar meals quite often.

We might have gone a little awry on this game and I feel it maybe my fault for not refreshing the page and seeing Pablos post before posting my French themed one.

Windigo could you clarify-
The person names a theme, the next poster names a three course meal on that theme and then nominates what the next theme should be.

So Pablo posted the first French menu and nominated the Hunter Gathered in the Woods theme for the next menu.

The next person to post a three course menu on that then nominates the next theme.

We might have gone a little awry on this game and I feel it maybe my fault for not refreshing the page and seeing Pablos post before posting my French themed one.

Windigo could you clarify-
The person names a theme, the next poster names a three course meal on that theme and then nominates what the next theme should be.

So Pablo posted the first French menu and nominated the Hunter Gathered in the Woods theme for the next menu.

The next person to post a three course menu on that then nominates the next theme.
Yes. That's what's written in the OP as well.

We have a Mexican theme on our menu list.

Guacamole and tortilla chips

Chorizo pick ups, Mexican melty cheese over cooked chorizo with tortilla pieces to pick up

Mexican street corn salad, basically Mexican street corn of the cob

I do similar meals quite often.
Please re-read the OP

Texan

1. Jalapeño Poppers
2. Steak and Potatoes
3. Pecan Pie a la mode

CD :D

Oh, next would be Cajun...

Back to the Hunter Gatherer Woodland Theme.

It just has to have Truffles in there somewhere doesn't it?
And what sort of woods? A jungly type with jungle fowl?
Hmm but would that type of foresty jungle have truffles as well? Can we mix and match the type of forrest we're in?

I bet Valentine Warner and Hugh Fernley-Whittingstall would have some good tips!

Back
Top Bottom