(Food Game) Name a theme and make a menu with it

For example, my theme is 'Greek' and I have to post a three course menu. So my post looks like this:

Menu:
1) Spanakopita (puff pastry filled with feta and spinach)
2) Moussaka (Greek layered dish of meat and aubergines)
3) Loukmades (sweet honey drizzled donuts)

Next theme: French.

So the next poster then makes a French menu of three courses, and thinks of a new theme for the next poster. Themes like 'vegetarian' and other descriptive themes are also allowed, it isn't required for the theme to be a country. It IS fun to let others know what the dish is next to the name. Three courses is required to keep it interesting.
Hi Windigo

I'm not sure that the introduction to the game has explained the game or how you expect it to work/play out, and I think myself and others would appreciate you trying to explain the objective and rules of the 'game' again, because I know I'm not the only one who is totally baffled by this and whilst I can only assume it makes sense to yourself, it isn't making much sense to the rest of us.

Thanks
SNSSO

and i thougt about deers, boar, moose or anything else you can hunt in the forest.
yes the question about tropical forest is good, in africa are tribes that eat little monkeys :happy:
i added the gathering to have something for desert

So not incredibly thrilling but definitely foragy!

1) Nettle soup

2) Wild Boar low n slow roasted with wild garlic and a wild garlic mushroom n sorrel salad.

3) Wild berry compote

Of course they’d probably need foraging at different times of the year but lets just skip over that bit 😆

I nominate the theme of the 70’s. It has to be three good courses from the 70‘s though, ones that you actually enjoyed back then. You can stretch it into the beginning 80’s if you need to. The 70’s is one I occasionally actually do!

I did google disneyland paris for inspiration

1. white rabbit praline on mushroom ragout (alice in wonderland)
2. roasted bear cheeks, ratatouille, cous cous (wookies from star wars are bears right?, ratatouille the movie, Aladdin)
3. pumpkin pie (cinderella)

next one is rice, any kind of strain = parboiled, jasmine, risotto and all the others. you can also use anything made from rice like rice noodles, rice flour, rice paper or sake and what else is commonly known made from rice. no cauliflower rice

Three course meals from the 1970's:
Rumkai
Individual Beef Wellingtons
Jello 123

Next up:
Disney Land/World inspired three course meal
Goddam I missed doing Star Wars. I actually have the Star Wars cook book (for my Star Wars obsessed family) and they are based on the Disneyland dishes, some of then are surprisingly good! 😂

I did google disneyland paris for inspiration

1. white rabbit praline on mushroom ragout (alice in wonderland)
2. roasted bear cheeks, ratatouille, cous cous (wookies from star wars are bears right?, ratatouille the movie, Aladdin)
3. pumpkin pie (cinderella)

next one is rice, any kind of strain = parboiled, jasmine, risotto and all the others. you can also use anything made from rice like rice noodles, rice flour, rice paper or sake and what else is commonly known made from rice. no cauliflower rice
Spam Musubi as the appetizer
Beef Chow Fun
I like this one:Beef Chow Fun: The Traditional Cantonese Way! - The Woks of Life
Chinese Rice Cake for dessert:
Steamed Chinese Rice Cake

(edit-I forgot to add the next round)
Next- cheese - any kind - any way

Cincinnatti beer cheese with pretzels
Fettucine with Parmigiano, Gorgonzola, Caciocavallo and fresh Mozzarella
Cheesecake with pineapple & ginger topping.

Right. The next test is Scottish Food. Aye!
Considering the time of year we are heading into I‘m going full on traditional.

Cullen skink. A creamy smoked haddock soup, if made well it is fit for a king and worth five minutes of anyones time. The Cullen Skink I had at the Green Welly Stop when riding Scotland soaked through and iced to the core makes that the best soup I’ll ever taste!

Haggis with Neeps and Tatties (an offal oatmeal based mix, mostly lambs lung, which is much much nicer than it sounds) and neeps (turnips), tatties potatoes.

Cranachan. A simple double cream or fresh cream cheese (if you’re doing the real thing) with oatmeal and fruit laced with Whisky of course!

I’m nominating one I don’t know about. I worked with a woman from the Philippines who liked cooking and was good at it. I never quite got my head round the seemingly eclectic mix of things she brought in but it was always delicious. So for that reason-
The Philippines

Phillipines:
Lumpia's
Chicken adobe with rice etc
Leche flan (okay, I had to google for deserts)

Next, lets go my neck of the woods:
Southern African

Phillipines:
Lumpia's
Chicken adobe with rice etc
Leche flan (okay, I had to google for deserts)

Next, lets go my neck of the woods:
Southern African
I honestly don't know much South African cooking.
I love Bobotie and I do a nut casserole that's south african but apart from biltong and some good wine I'm stumped.

I think your going to have to help us out!

Bobotie works
Anything on the grill. Piri piri chicken, steak, boerewors
Bunny chow
Biltong
Nshima, sadza, mielie pap, posho, ungali (all of them just different names (from different countries) for the same thing, made from corn flour. Daily staple. Generally with either vegetable stew or meat stew, or fish
Sosatie
Sweet stuff: halva, koeksister

Google might be working overtime :)

Back
Top Bottom