Food Network Worst Cooks in America?

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
8:22 PM
Has anybody watched the first episode of the new season yet? OMG, I'm not sure if these people are putting us on or what. If they aren't, they are definitely the worst cooks ever. The steak/oven fiasco is almost worthy of The Three Stooges.

Last edited:
You can get a 30 day free trial, and then cancel it before the trial ends.

You can view some fragments of episodes, but it does seem that full episodes require payment (unless you have Food Network on your TV).

I have Food Network on TV but its the UK version which is different. I can't even view the clips on-line as it defaults to the UK Food Network website where the clips aren't available. I can view the one you posted, though.

Maybe I'll join Netflix for a free month...

I have Food Network on TV but its the UK version which is different. I can't even view the clips on-line as it defaults to the UK Food Network website where the clips aren't available. I can view the one you posted, though.

Maybe I'll join Netflix for a free month...
Netflix has a multitude of great things going for it, most notably their original programming (Netflix-only TV shows and movies). I've found that I usually use Netflix for those things, and less often for reruns of previously-aired programs.

The wife joined Netflix specifically for Lucifer (cancelled on network TV, renewed on Netflix), but I've found there's a lot of stuff there worth watching, including some food-related shows.

I haven't seen the worst cooks thing. I generally don't like "reality" TV shows or any kind of game show elimination type thing. So much of the emotion is artificially amped up, too much OTT drama, I just can't stomach it. I want to fly to the studio and smack everyone. :laugh::blackeye:

We don't watch a lot of the "reality" cooking competitions anymore, but there are a couple we do still watch, namely Top Chef that we both watch, and I'll watch Worst Cooks and once in a while the Food Truck race. Craig watches BBQ Pitmasters on Destination America network. I just find the Worst Cooks hilarious and cringe worthy at the same time. Have to admit though that even Top Chef is getting old with some of the stunts they pull on the contestants and the miracles they expect them to pull off. On the other side though, we've been introduced to new foods/cuisines and techniques via Top Chef. Like I wrote earlier, this newest bunch of Worst Cooks are acting or they really are the worst cooks. Some of their first dishes were vomit inducing and I honestly don't know how Anne Burrell or Bobby Flay ate any of them.

I actually learn by watching competitive cooking shows. Even the Worst Cooks show can be informative, since the hosts will tell them the basics of cooking, which I sometimes need to be reminded about. :whistling: There can be some really cool things that emerge when a contestant has a limited amount of time and set ingredients to feature. This is why I had so much fun with the Blindfolded Challenge. I am usually operating with a limited amount of time when I cook, so these are skills that serve me well.

One show I do like, and it's not a competition, is Lords And Ladles, where three chefs go around to different historic houses in Ireland and cook a dinner party meal from a recipe 100-300 years old.

Each chef gets a different task, one is the main chef, one is the ingredient gatherer and helper cook, and one visits with the owner and is part of the meal, explaining to the guests what everything is.

It's funny seeing them have to contend with things like "Creamed Sheeps' Eyes" and "Boiled Trouts' Bladders!"

The lead judge on BBQ Pitmasters is Myron Mixon. He is the winningest man in competition BBQ in this country. He is self promoting, arrogant and highly opinionated, but he knows his "Q"! I lmao when the "surprise challenge" during the one competition was rattlesnake. A guy pulled a live Western diamondback out of a barrel and Myron jump out of his seat and headed for the hills!:roflmao:

Oh, I forgot Master Chef. I'm not real fond of Joe B., but I do like Gordon and Aaron. I actually figured out one of Aaron's recipes from Johnny Sanchez (his restaurant with John Besh in NOLA), a meatball taco, from a description and watching it being made on one of the "Best of..." shows. My version was absolutely delish so I know the real version has to be good. I'll watch Hell's Kitchen too if there's nothing else on I want to watch.

I've always wanted to try the blindfolded palate test like they do on Top Chef and Hell's Kitchen, but I don't think Craig's too interested.

One show I do like, and it's not a competition, is Lords And Ladles, where three chefs go around to different historic houses in Ireland and cook a dinner party meal from a recipe 100-300 years old.

Each chef gets a different task, one is the main chef, one is the ingredient gatherer and helper cook, and one visits with the owner and is part of the meal, explaining to the guests what everything is.

It's funny seeing them have to contend with things like "Creamed Sheeps' Eyes" and "Boiled Trouts' Bladders!"

Sounds fascinating - I've never seen it broadcast here.

Back
Top Bottom