Food podcaster from Down Under

The Curious Foodie

Local time
2:46 AM
Hi guys! I'm a food lover and passionate cook living in Sydney. I recently launched a podcast where I'm interviewing chef's and food lovers from around their world about their food, culture, cuisine-- and their stories. I've been amazed at how open the guests have been so far, and have been feeling super inspired to experiment with all these new cuisines I'm trying-- just sampled Nonya cuisine, fusion food from Singapore/Malaysia and I'm smitten:)

Looking forward to meeting virtually meeting everyone-- and would love to hear any ideas for interesting people to talk to or foods/cuisines/restaurants to try, or at least put on my travel list...:)

Cheers- Lynnette

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Thanks for the warm welcome! Not sure if today is the best day for sharing what I cooked-- I had leftover stew for lunch-- and sour dough with melted cheese, cherry tomatos, spinach and hot smoked salmon.... in other words I didn't really cook!
Welcome to the Forum The Curious Foodie! Please dive in and join in.:welcome: We have a couple of members in Australia.

If you like, you can tell us what you cooked today. Or you could join in the CookingBites Challenges. And of course, you can just start a new thread or join in discussion anywhere you like!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Thanks for the warm welcome! Not sure if today is the best day for sharing what I cooked-- I had leftover stew for lunch-- and sour dough with melted cheese, cherry tomatos, spinach and hot smoked salmon.... in other words I didn't really cook!

Ah! That doesn't matter (it sounds delicious, by the way!) - lots of members post food they have eaten out or whatever they had as leftovers! Its what you ate or cooked... so you can post either in the thread What did you cook/eat today (August 2017)?

Hi guys! I'm a food lover and passionate cook living in Sydney. I recently launched a podcast where I'm interviewing chef's and food lovers from around their world about their food, culture, cuisine-- and their stories. I've been amazed at how open the guests have been so far, and have been feeling super inspired to experiment with all these new cuisines I'm trying-- just sampled Nonya cuisine, fusion food from Singapore/Malaysia and I'm smitten:)

Looking forward to meeting virtually meeting everyone-- and would love to hear any ideas for interesting people to talk to or foods/cuisines/restaurants to try, or at least put on my travel list...:)

Cheers- Lynnette
Congratulations. Why not link to at least one of your food podcasts in your signature?

Congratulations. Why not link to at least one of your food podcasts in your signature?
They actually wouldnt even let me say the name of it in the post....I get the not wanting shameless self promotion but it's kind of a tricky balance as I obviously think people on here would be interested in listening...and it's basically what I'm investing all my time and energy into, so pretty representative of me!

As I said below, I kind of get this, but I think there's a difference between telling people about a relevant creative project they'd be interested in and spam-- but I'll keep checking out the posts for now.

Thanks - I'm glad you decided to stay and participate. :D In time you will be able to add your Podcast link to display in your personal details and signature. Your signature will appear at the bottom of every post you make.

It may seem that we are being a bit strict - but if you saw some of the SPAM we have to filter out of the Forum I think you would understand! I've PM'd you about this. :okay:

Last edited:
They actually wouldnt even let me say the name of it in the post....I get the not wanting shameless self promotion but it's kind of a tricky balance as I obviously think people on here would be interested in listening...and it's basically what I'm investing all my time and energy into, so pretty representative of me!
See my reply above @The Curious Foodie. :okay:

I don't link to my FB foodie group on here for the same reason, although I do post some of the individual recipes from there (and vice-versa). It's a bit more complicated with a podcast though :laugh: Trouble is, the FB group has gone down the pan since I joined CB - much more social interaction and critique on here, as well as encouragement - just what I need in my retirement years.

Thanks - I'm glad you decided to stay and participate. :D In time you will be able to add your Podcast link to display in your personal details and signature. Your signature will appear at the bottom of every post you make.

It may seem that we are being a bit strict - but if you saw some of the SPAM we have to filter out of the Forum I think you would understand! I've PM'd you about this. :okay:
Fair enough-- agree

Of course-- I've just been super busy and forget to login during the week-- love all the recipes people post, makes me hungry!

Back
Top Bottom