Food processor and/or pestle and mortar?

I've never done that. You grind fresh cloves of garlic in it?

Not sure what you mean by 'dried some garlic'.
No, I have never ground fresh garlic cloves in it. I have ground fresh garlic in my food processor when making pesto, but that's all, I think.

Remember when you did the garlic in the microwave and turned it into a dry clove that you powdered into garlic dust? Well I have an air fryer that has a dehydrator setting. I dried some garlic in it a couple of times. Someone could also do that in a regular dehydrator or in the oven on a very low setting. Dehydrating something is drying it, that's what I meant.

Usually I roast garlic, that's my preferred thing to do. I rarely use fresh garlic in anything because it's easier on my (and hubby's) digestive system than using fresh raw garlic. Or I will use the garlic powder after I grind it, depending on the recipe.

I got a stick blender for free when my MIL passed. She had loyalty points on a credit card that needed to be used up, and so MrsT got me a stick blender. I really had no need for one.

I use it quite a bit, to my own surprise. I make salad dressings with it, crepe batter, Yorkshire pud batter, salsa, pesto, and a couple of other things I'm forgetting.
I have that also!

I have two food processors, both from Cuisinart. One mini, and one full-size "professional" FP. I also have a mortar and pestle, and a coffee grinder I use as a spice grinder. No stick blender.

DFP-14BCNY

DLC-4CHB

CD

I looked at both of those before deciding to go instead, for the Stick Blender. I don't have a lot of room for large counter top appliances.

Shermie you are the Emperor of Gadgets.
FP - I have a Black and Decker. The stem and the bowl are cracked. Too old for replacement parts. When either piece breaks I will purchase a replacement. I do not use it very often but there are times when I need it. I would like a mini FP. Instead of investing in a high end FP I would rather invest in a midrange FP and a mini FP.
M&P - I had a marble M&P. It broke when I dropped it on the ceramic tile floor which is over a concrete slab.
Stick Blender - have one, love it. Had to learn to turn it on and off only when fully submerged. :hyper: Hot Mess! I like being able to puree in the pot rather than transferring to a FP.
Micro Plane - Love, love, love! Use it every day.
Spice/coffee grinder - I have 2 Titanium plates and a bunch of screws in my right arm. A pepper challenge inspired me to get a spice grinder. My hand cramped for hours after grinding lots of pepper. My spice grinder has 2 reservoirs - one for dry spices, seeds, nuts and one for soft herbs. I do like having control over the coarseness of my spices.
Burt Blank - Those were the days my friend.

Sri Lankans, mostly the village people, use the grinding stone instead of small pestle and mortar. With grinding stone you can grind anything in to a very finely smooth paste.
index.jpeg
But with busy lifestyles the grinding stone is gradually disappearing, replaced with blender.
Those tiny pestle and mortar sets are occasionally used in kitchen and also for ayurvedic medicine preparation. The big mortar and pestle is now a thing of the past but can still be seen in the rural villages.

Back
Top Bottom