Food that is burnt

When it comes to steak I really don't mind if it's a little burnt. I have never even come close to having a rare or medium rare steak. I have no desire to see the pink and perfectly grill piece.

I too would prefer to have my steak a little burnt than to eat it rare or medium rare. In fact, I have never done this. I feel safer eating well-cooked meat, so having some burnt areas in it is no problem with me. Undercooked for me is riskier than overcooked or burnt.

Just wondering - why is it thought ok to eat almost raw steak but not even slightly undercooked chicken ?
The history of the meat and the animal is unknown in both cases to the eater so why ?

My mother hates it when we burn then food as she believes this causes cancer when eaten. So in response to your question, no I do not eat burnt food. We like cooking our food well done but not to the point that they are burnt. Otherwise, they will just be thrown away which is huge waste of money and resources.

I eat it as long as it taste good. If it had a burnt taste I can't eat it. I remove all of the burnt parts and if need be, I put the food in a new pan and soak the burnt pan. I just can't see wasting food.

Back
Top Bottom