Foods you dislike

I use mushroom and onion in my cooking. I purposefully leave the pieces big so I can pick them out for my plate. The texture grosses me out.

Beetroot, most fishy fish, caviar, oysters, shrimps, crab, liver, and pretty much all offal, insects of any kind. That's about it. As long as that list is, I think it's pretty common, or am I kidding myself?

I hate margarine (gross backstory in spoilers). Especially combined with peanut butter.
So when I was 6 I had a teacher who hated me and placed me on a dual table in class with a boy who vomited at lunch, every single time. And he always vomited when he had peanut butter on his bread, which was richly decorated with margarine bits. The smell, oh god the smell. I will never forget it, and I had to endure it for a full year. Why this poor kid didn't get another lunch I will never know. But I have not eaten margarine since, and the smell of marg and peanut butter still makes me gag.
So butter it is here, and nothing else. Plus the butter will not be spread on bread, unless it's toast.

Otherwise I have very few foods I dislike, though I don't like smoked fish particularly. No herring, mackerel or that kind of thing for me if I can avoid it. I can however get it down to avoid seeming impolite. There are more foods I can't eat due to medical issues, but I've already covered those extensively here.

I like sweet foods but really dislike candy floss, which is all the wrong things in candy for me. Just sweet, nothing else, lots of it and not satisfying at all plus the wrong texture.
For the child to be given the same thing, sounds abusive.
For you to be placed at the same table, also sounds abusive.

Or am I seeing things that don't exist?

For the child to be given the same thing, sounds abusive.
For you to be placed at the same table, also sounds abusive.

Or am I seeing things that don't exist?
No, you're correct. My teacher bullied me, and my parents did nothing. I come from an abusive home unfortunately. I also feel sorry for that boy , it looks like nobody cared about him either😪

That's interesting, as it's the most common fish to use in fish farms. Why don't you like it, please explain.

Probably the "farm" part. Most farmed seafood seems to come from places I wouldn't eat any seafood from. I prefer wild caught, seafood, but will eat farmed seafood as long as it comes from well regulated US farms. Farmed catfish from Louisiana is excellent -- better than wiild caught, IMO.

Add me to the "I hate liver" list.

CD

I have not tried them. My wife informs me that they are mainly eaten in the south of Thailand (and likely Malaysia). She said they stink and carry that stink onward into one's poo pourri. The word for them in Thai is สะตอสด (sator) and they can be cooked with prawns and included occasionally in somtam.

I'll give them a miss.

My wife brought some home today. A friend of a friend from south Thailand gave her them in response to my wife's enquiry last week. It's dark now so I'll get some pictures tomorrow.

That's interesting, as it's the most common fish to use in fish farms. Why don't you like it, please explain.
I don't eat most freshwater fish and consider the conditions that many are raised in to be far below minimum standards. Considering I've seen them caught on used cigarette butts..... I'll stick to saltwater fish.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom