Getting This Error Message, Repeatedly.

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
3:45 PM
No rhyme or reason, I can be going from one page to another, or have just clicked to to back to the top of the page I'm on at the time.
On PC(IE, Firefox & Chrome) and handheld.
Keep on getting this.jpg

Did you check your javascript console to see what the error message was? If not, check and post the details as that will point us towards the cause of the problem.

Where would I look? The only part referring to an error. From five minutes before posting. On the PC.
java.jpeg

Where would I look? The only part referring to an error. From five minutes before posting. On the PC.

That's just the source code and doesn't show the page loading error - just the code to fire-off if an error condition occurs.

Next time you get the error click the Console menu item on the far right:

upload_2015-12-22_9-44-58.png

Did you check your javascript console to see what the error message was? If not, check and post the details as that will point us towards the cause of the problem.
Latest one, on the PC using Chrome on XP. Some hardware(large format printers) is too expensive replace to run on newer OS's.
Java Error.jpeg

The line in xenforo.js (233) simply reports the error, and looking at the section in the screenshot I can't say what has gone wrong - but the http://192.168.1.1/ is a local address on your network which shouldn't be there in the page HTML.

Have you tried using an alternative browser, such as Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera? Do you get the same issues?

Not used Opera. Same message with Firefox and IE.

Not used Opera. Same message with Firefox and IE.

In that case I expect it is something specific to your PC. I assume it doesn't happen when you use alternative computers / devices to access the forums?

Back
Top Bottom