Getting your groove back

I am rooting for you ChanellG. When you are away from the kitchen sometimes it can set you back. I am going in late again today so I am going to be cooking something or the other. My motivation sometimes comes from the fact that I am tired of eating the food in the mall that often falls short of my standards. I know about the transportation issue. My car has been at the mechanic for almost a year. I suspect it's dead so I have resigned myself to sharing with my husband.

Well, I'm now mobile again so that is one less concern. I've had some down time transitioning between jobs, but I've been to lazy to do much real cooking. I harvested sunchokes from the garden two weeks ago and they are still sitting in plastic bags in the refrigerator. It's bad, I know, lol. I need to hurry and use them before they lose all flavor.

@ChanellG welcome back. I had to Google sunchokes as I am only familiar with the word aritichoke. Sunchoke sounds like sun stroke or something very tropical sun and all. Use them up. My groove is back. It's so bad that I am sometimes starving myself so that I eat my own food. That's not good but I am really not happy paying for food that's below standard in my opinion. Do you grow mushrooms? It's the ingredient for the Cooking Bites Recipe Challenge so you can submit a few recipes and help the competition.

@ChanellG welcome back. I had to Google sunchokes as I am only familiar with the word aritichoke. Sunchoke sounds like sun stroke or something very tropical sun and all. Use them up. My groove is back. It's so bad that I am sometimes starving myself so that I eat my own food. That's not good but I am really not happy paying for food that's below standard in my opinion. Do you grow mushrooms? It's the ingredient for the Cooking Bites Recipe Challenge so you can submit a few recipes and help the competition.

I do not grow mushrooms. I've wanted to give it a try for some time, but I've heard conflicting things about it. There are kits you can get at the store and through mail order to grow certain ones, maybe oyster mushrooms? The ones I am most interested in though are shiitake and portobello, as those are the ones I eat the most. Perhaps one of these days, but for now I am sticking to easier things to grow - like peanuts!

Back
Top Bottom