Going meat free for a week

This morning's breakfast: Waitrose maple syrup pancakes, natural yogurt and fresh fruit

DSCN2197.JPG

You've got me craving pancakes now. They look wonderful and I love the healthy fruit and yogurt topping!

The first time we have had those type of pancakes and really enjoyed them. I went for a run this morning, my first for a good few months, it was easier than I expected but we will see if I can walk tomorrow :laugh:

Lunch was a veg soup and baguette from the Kings Lock Cottage near us and dinner was vegetable fried rice. The fridge doesn't seem to getting emptier :unsure:

I did this for a week too back when I was in college. My decision to do so was partly because of financial difficulties (lol), watching documentary films about the earth and the sudden rise of feminism and independent thinking. I thought I could be a vegetarian and be a better person sadly though after a week I became dizzy and un-energized all the time so I started eating meat again. The excitement got to me and I didn't transition well because I didn't do enough research about being a vegetarian. Oh well.

Today our experiment finished, glad we tried it and it was worthwhile but to be honest we both missed meat so won't be a vegetarian for life although definitely cut down on the amount we eat.

Back
Top Bottom