Great British Bake-Off, or Great British Turn-Off?

Local time
11:27 AM
Website
www.helium.com
I'm not really into baking, but my friend is, and we were watching the show at her place last night. I have to say I found zero entertainment value in watching people fail to produce the goods - it's too close to home. I've had many a kitchen disaster, and I wouldn't have wanted an audience of millions to watch it.

It was mildly amusing though when Mary Berry almost dislocated her jaw trying to chew one particular offering of bread.

What about you? Do you love it or loathe it? I certainly won't be tuning in again.

I did get into it last year. I'd always assumed it was a bit like Masterchef, and very shouty and stressy, but last series seemed more gentle. I saw the first one of this series, and there were a couple of disasters (One guy managed somehow to lace an angel food cake with salt!), but it was still quite a nice friendly feeling. I missed this weeks. Maybe it was an especially stressy one.

The great british bake off is one of simon cowells programs and l only watched one episode and that was it, it's not like masterchef at all it's just your average baking show:(

I like. As already mentioned in another thread it's the only cooking show I make a point of watching. No need for intense shouty judges, the drama is all in the preparation and the bake.

The great british bake off is one of simon cowells programs and l only watched one episode and that was it, it's not like masterchef at all it's just your average baking show:(

I don't think it's got anything to do with Simon Cowell!

No, it's not Masterchef, and I like it all the more for that. It's not a load of egos shouting, just people working really hard at excelling at something.

I'm guessing you never saw Masterchef when it was first devised, when it was just three people in a studio cooking a three course meal for the judges. No shouting, just interesting food and constructive comments from the judges.

I love the Great British Bake Off and I know lots of other people who do too. It's entertaining to watch and you start to really root for some contestants. I also love watching Mel & Sue, I think they are amazing at keeping the show light-hearted and entertaining. But most of all, I love seeing what the bakers are going to create next. I love watching the amazing cakes and bakes they create. It makes me so hungry and I always have to have a slice of cake whilst watching the show :P

I've watched it once or twice but couldn't really get into it, even though I enjoy cooking and baking shows like Master Chef and Cupcake Wars. I'd watch it again but only if there wasn't anything else on, that I was interested in seeing. :wink:

I've had many a kitchen disaster, and I wouldn't have wanted an audience of millions to watch it.

Definitely, I wouldn't like an audience of millions nor at least a clueless person getting into my kitchen when a cooking disaster occurs.
Even though, I don't doubt that my cousins would love to watch any of those disasters. For an unknown reason they cordially hate me!

Back
Top Bottom