1/3 Cup Guinness Extra Stout
Glaze
1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
3 tsp Irish Cream Liqueur
1 tsp warm water

Method
Doughnuts

Preheat oven to 325°
Mix the dry ingredients together and set aside. (flour, baking powder and salt)
Using a hand mixer, beat the sugar and butter together.
Add the egg and mix.
Mix in the Guinness. Blend until wet ingredients are smooth.
Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix just until fully incorporated.
Spray doughnut pan with non-stick.
Spoon the batter into the doughnut molds until about 2/3 full.
Bake doughnuts for 12-13 minutes.
Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.

Glaze
In a medium sized bowl, mix the glaze ingredients together with a fork.
Dip the doughnuts into the glaze.

*For a less boozy glaze, decrease the amount of Irish Cream and add warm water until the mixture is the correct consistency*

http://wonkywonderful.com/boozy-baked-donut-recipe/

The glaze sounds amazing! I agree the idea of baking donuts rather then frying them is so much better. Donuts are a nice little treat. I have never made them myself but I would like to give these ones a try. I somehow had the idea that they were so much more complicated then that to make. This recipe seems rather easy to make and tasty too!

Donuts? I usually like a simple long john with some raisins or a donut with a slight sprinkle of coconut. This actually looks good even if a little sweet. Did I tell you I am down to one Guinness Classic33? I think I am going to just drink that( will probably knock me out) and attack my recipes some time before the end of month.

Donuts? I usually like a simple long john with some raisins or a donut with a slight sprinkle of coconut. This actually looks good even if a little sweet. Did I tell you I am down to one Guinness Classic33? I think I am going to just drink that( will probably knock me out) and attack my recipes some time before the end of month.
Not the other half messing with the ingredients then!

Not the other half messing with the ingredients then!

It seems my son is the guilty culprit. Says he understands Guinness is a 'power' drink and gave me that sneaky look. After weeks of seeing these recipes and asking anyone who I think might be interested in cooking if they use Guinness in their cooking, I decided to see what real health benefits there might be. I found this interesting bit of information so maybe I'll keep some around.
http://www.details.com/story/the-truth-about-guinness

It seems my son is the guilty culprit. Says he understands Guinness is a 'power' drink and gave me that sneaky look. After weeks of seeing these recipes and asking anyone who I think might be interested in cooking if they use Guinness in their cooking, I decided to see what real health benefits there might be. I found this interesting bit of information so maybe I'll keep some around.
http://www.details.com/story/the-truth-about-guinness
Brilliant! Its not high calorie! I'm now going to order some in my next on-line shop.

Back
Top Bottom