Hangover Food

Hangover food has to be heavy, greasy and preferably fried in butter. Or oil. Or both.
Oatmeal doesn´t cut the cloth :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I grabbed a bag of frozen fries and brought home some beef gravy from the shop incase the club didn’t cut it. But, thankfully after that and some fresh air, things started to level off. Didn’t even take any ibuprofen.

After some calculations, I attempted to downplay my consumption and concluded that I only had one beer per hour. Which is pretty good and responsible, I think.

. Then Winona reminded me that I had my first one at 2 pm and went until 2 am. That added up pretty quickly.

I grabbed a bag of frozen fries and brought home some beef gravy from the shop incase the club didn’t cut it. But, thankfully after that and some fresh air, things started to level off. Didn’t even take any ibuprofen.

After some calculations, I attempted to downplay my consumption and concluded that I only had one beer per hour. Which is pretty good and responsible, I think.

. Then Winona reminded me that I had my first one at 2 pm and went until 2 am. That added up pretty quickly.

Yes, but did you fall into the bathtub and pull down the shower curtain?

CD

I haven't had a hangover in - um - awhile
But my go-to hangover food is Loco Moco and a side of Macaroni Salad!
DSC00205.JPGDSC00206.JPG

Yeah, but the body metabolizes 1 ounce of booze (or a beer, glass of wine) per hour. So sounds like you were doing pretty good. Unless there were occasional shots involved or very high octane beer.

For a few years I lived in Toronto beside a diner that served a wicked hot turkey sandwich. Something about fries and gravy to continue to the damage I caused to myself. .

No hangovers here, my body is fully accustomed to booze overload. 7 hrs of sleep, hot shower in the morning then I'm good to go.
BUT: I dont drink before 9 at night.
Unless special circumstances??
And I dont eat before midday.
But then, I'm not normal!!

Russ

No hangovers here, my body is fully accustomed to booze overload. 7 hrs of sleep, hot shower in the morning then I'm good to go.
BUT: I dont drink before 9 at night.
Unless special circumstances??
And I dont eat before midday.
But then, I'm not normal!!

Russ
You sound a lot like me. But if I am in New Orleans boozing and eating on vacation, I will drink before 9. And that is often 9 a.m., LOL. Yeah, I pretty much wake up drinking mimosas or blood Marys. Or both. I do the same in Mexico.

At home I am like you, I usually don't drink until around dinner or during the prep (we eat around 9:30-10). And I don't like to eat breakfast until afternoon, sometimes as late as 2-3. Lunch (tea) is at 5-6ish. Hubby likes to start around 7 PM and is often quite tipsy by dinner, which is why I rarely let him fix his own plate anymore.

I can’t stay up late. My party peaks early. Then I
Get sleepy. A convenient liquor control mechanism. I fall asleep before I can get too stupid.

Back
Top Bottom