Happy Birthday, caseydog

I pretty much retired 61/62 so I collect mine in February next year. I've never been on any benefit my whole life so I'm looking forward to getting something back. I think it's something like $750 fortnight?
Ours is based on your salary during your working years. They look at your 10 highest-earning years, or maybe it's your 10 most recent years, something like that, then average it or otherwise run it through their algorithm and out comes your monthly benefit.

Ours is based on your salary during your working years. They look at your 10 highest-earning years, or maybe it's your 10 most recent years, something like that, then average it or otherwise run it through their algorithm and out comes your monthly benefit.

I can see how I could alter that if I was self employed over there? But that may be illegal?? Lol.

Russ

60 huh, what age do you retire over there, we collect superannuation at 65 here. Are you planning a big day to celebrate?

Russ

Nothing planned for today. Depending on the weather, I may go out with a few neighbors/friends this weekend for some good Tex-Mex.

CD

I can see how I could alter that if I was self employed over there? But that may be illegal?? Lol.

Russ

If you overstate your earnings, you will pay more in Payroll Tax. It is a separate tax from Federal Income Tax. If you work for someone else, you pay 7.5% of your income in Payroll Tax, and your employer pays 7.5%. If you are self-employed, as I am, you pay the entire 15%.

So, there would be no point in overstating you're income.

CD

60 is a big birthday here. 65 for me will be a restaurant for family and a few close friends, another big one here as well. My treat of course.

Russ

40 was a big one for me. I threw a party, catered by Blue Mesa Grill, including a margarita machine with blue frozen margaritas -- a Blue Mesa Grill specialty.

50 was dinner with friends. No big deal.

60 is even more low key. Looks like lunch with friends this weekend. Their treat. :okay: (They wouldn't let me pay if I tried)

CD

40 was a big one for me. I threw a party, catered by Blue Mesa Grill, including a margarita machine with blue frozen margaritas -- a Blue Mesa Grill specialty.

50 was dinner with friends. No big deal.

60 is even more low key. Looks like lunch with friends this weekend. Their treat. :okay: (They wouldn't let me pay if I tried)

CD

I'll raise a glass for you in about 7 hrs. Salut caseydog .

Russ

My birthday evening was spent on the phone. My parents called. My sister called. Then, I spent about two hours on the phone with my best friend from Port Arthur -- the average length of our calls. I need to get down there this summer. Hang out, cook, eat -- and stock up on cajun foods to freeze and bring back to North Texas.

CD

Last edited:
My birthday evening was spent on the phone. My parents called. My sister called. Then, I spent about two hours on the phone with my best friend from Port Arthur -- the average length of our calls. I need to get down there this summer. Hang out, cook, eat -- and stock up on cajun foods to freeze and bring back to North Texas.

CD

Bring us some Cajun recipes please?

Russ

Back
Top Bottom