Has anyone ever heard of this recipe? Burning Love?

aquaticneko

Veteran
Local time
6:47 PM
It looks like this:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPl0Nov4CQV6hjvOHiAQDOwPT5WkcTAQPgP_fonX8z63cXdiVieNXB8zE00A.jpg

A friend shared this with my yesterday with a small giggle that she might try it for Valentines Day next time.
Apparently it's really easy too.

What you need:

• 600 g bacon, chopped up small
  • 400 g onion, cut into slices
  • Fresh parsley
  • 1kg potatoes, boiled
  • milk or cream, your preference
  • 25 g butter for the potatoes and 15 g for the onions.
To make this recipe:
  • Mash potatoes with milk and a bit of butter
  • Fry bacon
  • Caramelise onions bacon fat and butter
  • Chop parsley
  • Present dish like it shows in the picture above.

It looks like this:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPl0Nov4CQV6hjvOHiAQDOwPT5WkcTAQPgP_fonX8z63cXdiVieNXB8zE00A.jpg

A friend shared this with my yesterday with a small giggle that she might try it for Valentines Day next time.

What you need:

• Fresh parsley
  • 1kg potatoes, boiled
To make this recipe:
  • Fry bacon
  • Chop parsley
I can't say I've heard of called that. But its just mashed potato with fried onions and bacon pieces on top! Very tasty. But I can't really imagine why its called 'Burning Love'. It doesn't strike me as very romantic! :D:scratchhead:

It does look tasty for sure. I mean seriously, how can you go wrong with bacon and mashed potatoes? Oh and onions, some of my favorite foods! I agree Valentines Day should include some kind of red in the feast. It is just tradition..failing that some kind of chocolate would be good!

It does look tasty for sure. I mean seriously, how can you go wrong with bacon and mashed potatoes? Oh and onions, some of my favorite foods! I agree Valentines Day should include some kind of red in the feast. It is just tradition..failing that some kind of chocolate would be good!
Its traditionally served with pickled beetroot in Denmark. So there's your red!

Well, you cannot get anymore basic than that. I'd say simple is best and this is something I might make anytime at all due to it being so easy to make. I could even go as far as making it my breakfast changing the mashed potato for a potato waffle. @morning glory Thanks for the look up, I thought the name of this recipe was rather unique at first when I was told about it. Then I realised how simple it was.

That looks really good and with the addition of garlic, onion and bacon (my three favorite cooking things) I'm certain it will taste good as well. Even if this dish might kill me I'd die happy to have a piece of Burning Love.

This looks interesting, I can't say I understand the name but I could see trying something like this for a special event.

That looks really good and with the addition of garlic, onion and bacon (my three favorite cooking things) I'm certain it will taste good as well. Even if this dish might kill me I'd die happy to have a piece of Burning Love.
I see you have added garlic! Its not in the original recipe - but I reckon it might make it even better.

It looks and sounds really good and why wouldn't it? Everything is better with bacon added to it!! :)

It looks like this:

What you need:

• Fresh parsley
  • 1kg potatoes, boiled
To make this recipe:
  • Fry bacon
  • Chop parsley
It is presentable and tempting to eat

Back
Top Bottom