Has anyone seen or tried THIS gadget yet?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
11:17 AM
Salad cutter bowl..jpg

It is said to make cutting up stuff for salads easier.
See the link below. Saw it on Facebook.

https://kaaum.com/products/upgraded-salad-cutter-bowl?utm_term=int3

Last edited:
View attachment 13037

https://kaaum.com/products/upgraded-salad-cutter-bowl?utm_term=int3

This is the first time I've ever seen it. I usually strip the center "stalks" from most lettuce like romaine or red leaf and just tear it into pieces in the process. There is no need to do anything to baby spinach or arugula. What veges need slicing can be done with a knife or our hand held mandolin. Besides we have enough gadgets!:ohmy::hyper:

I think the idea is that it means you can wash the salad by inverting the top section and then add the tray, turn it back over and chop. So its an all in one colander, chopping board and chopping 'guard'. I still don't find the need for it! And certainly not at $14.99 (allegedly reduced from $29.99).

The description on the website, by the way, is written in rather poor English.

I've heard people scorn these things, maybe because some of them don't last or they thought that those online ads were taking them for money when they say "Get a second one free, for shipping and handling only."

I take a different view. Some of these things are helpful, especially to people who suffer hand coordination problems, tremors and such. The cutting board can get hazardous even for people who are adept. I just dinged my thumb, just last week. :ninja: Nothing serious, but we all know it happens and have experienced it.

BTW: I'm not sure I'd buy this particular gadget. It looks like something that will eventually collect somewhere and gather dust.

@Shermie

Gadgets and televisions are not my cup of tea ..

I have never seen one of these ..

However, since you are into gadgets, perhaps if you are going to use this, do make sure it comes with a warranty .. Note, check shops like Pottery Barn and Crate & Barrel & Pier 1 and Macy´s Cellar first to see if they have something to compare it with ..

However, since you are into gadgets, perhaps if you are going to use this, do make sure it comes with a warranty .. Note, check shops like Pottery Barn and Crate & Barrel & Pier 1 and Macy´s Cellar first to see if they have something to compare it with ..

I am not particularly into gadgets, unless I see one that makes good sense and looks solid enough to endure usage.

@Shermie

Make no mistake about it. I haven't seen this product on TV at all yet, even though I wouldn't be surprised if it shows up in one of those As-Seen-on-TV commercials. Was not planning to get it at all. Just wanted to know if anyone has seen or used it before. :headshake:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom