Have you ever attended a cooking class?

Some hotels are offering cookery courses as part of a stay,also some of our supermarkets are doing classes for both adults and children ,waitrose ones are very good

My husband and I attended a cooking class/demonstration at Williams Sonoma. It was fun, but it got a little long. We made the mistake of showing up hungry, and we didn't get to eat anything until the class was over--two hours later. So it was a little hard to focus on the cooking when all we wanted to do was eat. Also, we didn't actually get to participate in the cooking, just watch it. That was disappointing to me. I would have rather had a hands-on class than just a demonstration.

I've also been to classes where the instructor just spoke at us - rather than letting us DO it and make the stuff ourselves. I always learn much better from doing anyway - and when the instructor did it all herself it just felt like a lecture rather than an interactive class.

I have never thought of attending any cooking classes, but it sounds like it would be fun, learning how to make special dishes that I have not done before. It would also show me variations in how to do certain dishes that I am accustomed to doing only one way.

I did do cooking classes at secondary school though, but I cannot recall what exactly it was that I learned back then. That was a Home Economics class, I have only a vague recollection of it right now.

I took a class teaching us how to make salsa when I was in Mexico earlier this year. It was a fun class, but I think now that I've tried to duplicate it at home, that it was more the flow of margaritas that made the class so good! There are several upscale grocery stores here that have cooking schools, and we always say we're going to take a class, but our schedule just hasn't worked out yet.

Other than Food Tech in school I never have. The only ones I've seen advertised in my area are "couples cooking" (doesn't work when in a LDR) or "kids' cooking" (21 makes me still a kid, right? :'( )

Back
Top Bottom